Seventy-Six

The past days has been a week of change. Down in the basement, demons had opened a gate to Hell for Sam's easy access. Gabe bad bought himself a gray suit, matching the other angels' attire.
John had barely left the house, enjoying the time he could spend with Tedy and the twins.
Things between Serah and Eliot had stayed the same, only proving Sam's view about their relationship. That was still the most consistent thing in their life.
It was arguably the time of most change Sam had ever faced since settling down in the Bunker. However, Sam felt like that was it. That was what Sam was meant to be. He had always thought he was supposed to be a hunter, that it was his legacy to be, but thinking about it, it felt like it was a setup to his life.
If they didn't hunt, he'd never moved around a lot to meet Gabriel and have Serah.
If they didn't hunt, he'd have never met Gabriel.
If they didn't hunt he'd never have been involved with demons and he'd never be the King of Hell.
That was a lot of work, too. Hell was a mess. More paperwork than he had expected, considering that Crowley never seemed short of time.
Heaven wasn't a once-a-week deal either. He was more ar home than Sam, but he was in heaven most of the day, every day.
Dean and Cas were lots of help, taking care of the twins when John and Mary couldn't.
Sam entered their bedroom, Gabriel lying on his belly. Sam smiled and ran his hand through Gabe's hair. "Hello, sunshine."
Gabe leaned against his hand. "I missed you."
"I'm so sorry, baby." Sam got down on the bed and pressed soft kisses on the back of Gabe's neck. "I'm all here for you now."
Gabriel lifted his head out of the pillows to meet Sam's eyes. "I like the suit," he mumbled. "But I like the white one better."
Sam laughed and lay down. Gabe immediately moved on Sam's chest. He tugged on the tie and popped a button open.
"I love you, Samsquatch."
"I love you too, sunshine." He kissed his head and ran his hands over Gabe's back. "How was your day?"
"Exhausting. I had to take care of so much paperwork with Anubis." He slipped off the tie.
"Do you want me to undress?" Sam laughed.
"I can do it," Gabe said, filled with determination. He sat upon Sam's lap and fiddled with the buttons. "Why do you always have to wear buttons?" Gabe whined. "Flannels, plaid, now suits! Sammy, I hate you."
Sam laughed. He sat up and pulled Gabe closer. "Let me help you," he smiled. He took Gabe's hand, put them back on the button and guided him to open it. "See? It's easy." He pressed a kiss on his knuckles.
"You're belittling me." Gabe frowned.
"You're just so cute, I can't help myself."
"Well, you could help me."
Sam chuckled. "I could also undress you instead of myself."
"Maybe you should do that."
"Maybe I'm gonna do that."
Gabe leaned forward and pressed his lips on Sam's. He unbuckled Sam's belt and popped open the button.
"Don't have any problems with that one, huh?" Sam grinned.
"I know how to get what I want," Gabe said. "You should know by now."
It knocked on the door. Sam rolled his eyes. "It better be important."
"I, uhm... Nevermind..." It was Serah's voice, and Sam immediately felt bad. He shared a look with Gabe and got up. He dressed up properly and opened the door.
"What's the matter, princess?"
Serah tugged on a strand of her hair. "I need some advice and a hug."
Sam pulled her closer and pressed a kiss on her forehead. "What's the matter?"
"Eliot wants me to meet his parents and I'm scared."
Sam picked her up and carried her to the bed. "Let's think about this rationally." He sat down. "What could be worse than a dad who threatens people with guns?"
Serah shrugged. "I guess nothing."
"Exactly, sweetheart." He pressed a kiss on her temple and smiled. "I bet they are lovely people."
"I hope so." Serah pushed her face in his neck. "I love you."
"We love you too, princess."