Forty

Serah hesitated. "Clark?"
The boy watched her but turned away quickly. "Leave me alone," he mumbled. Upon closer inspection, Serah notices his bloody knuckles and the stains on the wall. She stepped closer.
"You don't need to do this," she mumbled.
"I said leave me alone!" Clark yelled.
"Do you think, Jack would have wanted this?" She grabbed his wrists so he couldn't hurt himself further.
"Do you think he would have wanted me to just move on?"
"Yes!"
Clark ripped his hands out of Serah's grasp. "Well, I can't. And I won't!"
"Don't do this..."
The boy shook his head. "You don't understand."
"Oh, I understand very well!" Serah yelled. "Look, I cared about him too and damn, I would have given anything to see him alive right now! So don't feel entitled, just because-"
Serah got cut off. A pair of hands grabbing her shoulders and a pair of lips pressed against her own. She should have pushed him away, she knew that. She just didn't. She let Clark press her against the wall, one hand going down to her hip.
In her chest, she felt a certain pain. A feeling of knowing what they did was wrong. She didn't notice a lot of what was happening. Her brain went into offline mode. She didn't think about it at all.

Sam didn't know what he was supposed to do. He still sat on his place, staring at his plate.
"Hey, Sam."
He looked up and met Jess' eyes, red from crying. "Hey," he replied.
Jess sat down on Sam's lap, wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in her elbow. Sam felt bad for her. He hugged her and brushed up and down her back.
"Was it bad?" she asked.
Sam shook his head. "No," he mumbled. "Very quiet."
"Good." She took a deep breath. "Are Dean and Gabe still-"
"Yeah... Cas tried to pull them apart and it didn't work at all."
Jess sighed. "Two hot-headed idiots."
"So everything as usual." He turned his head and pressed a kiss on her forehead.
"You think your mom's gonna handle it well?"
Sam shrugged. "Some weird woman came here and wanted to try to revive him. Didn't work yet but maybe I won't have to tell her at all."
"Do you know where she is?" Jess asked.
"No," Sam admitted. "Maybe she's talking to my dad which honestly is a waste of time."
Jess sighed and cuddled more into the crook of Sam's neck.
"Come, we can do better than a chair." Sam got up and held her in his arms. Jess giggled and leaned to him. Sam walked to his room, passing Dean and Gabriel on their way.
He let Jess down on the mattress and smiled. He dropped next to her and pulled her close. Gabriel watched into the room, then turned back to Dean to keep yelling.
Sam sighed. "I'm gonna marry that idiot one day."
"I hope so," Jess giggled. "The sooner the better."
"I think we have other issues right now." He ran his hand through her hair. "But eventually, I'll ask him."
Jess smiled. "I think you two would make a great married couple. You two are already amazing parents."
"More or less," Sam sighed. "We missed most of it."
"Does that mean you'll have another one soon and raise him or her all the way?" Jess watched him excited.
"I hope so," Sam smiled. "And you'll be the godmother."
"Yes!" Jess laughed. "I'll be the best godmother ever."
Sam laughed and smiled. "What would I do without you?"
"Crash and burn." She pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Now, as much as I love your cuddles, I think I'll save your brother from getting his neck snapped." She got up from the bed and walked towards the arguing men. For a second, the three argued before the archangel stormed into Sam's arms.
"Hugs," he mumbled into the hunter's chest.
Sam chuckled and wrapped his arms around the archangel. "Relax," he whispered. "You and Dean didn't need to argue."
"He called me a jerk."
"Come on, sunshine." Sam kissed his head and cuddled him. "We're family."
Gabe nodded and closed his eyes. "I love you, Sam."
"I love you too, Gabe." He traced patterns on Gabriel's back getting some soft noises from the archangel. "I love you so much."