Ninety-Eight

Serah got worried when she heard her fathers yell at each other. Quietly, she walked to their room.
"I trusted you!" Gabriel yelled. "I trusted you with this!"
"I didn't do anything!" Sam's voice was scratchy and brittle, yet full of force. "You know we're just friends!"
"That's what Dean and Cas said too."
Sam scoffed. "This is ridiculous, Gabriel." He held his throat and sighed. "I broke up with her to be with you, you ignorant asshole."
Gabriel growled. "Take that back."
"Screw you. I'm not letting you trash-talk me when I gave so much to be with you."
"You say that? I was willing to kill my siblings for you!"
"And failed."
Gabriel grabbed Sam by his collar. "Don't underestimate me," Gabriel said. "I am an archangel and if I wanted to, I could erase you with a snap of my fingers."
Sam smirked. "You didn't the past 15 years, no way you'll do it now."
"You're the worst." Gabriel let go. "I love you and you let me down like this."
"I didn't, you moron." Sam watched him. "I didn't sleep with Jessica."
"I don't believe you."
Sam shook his head and stepped back. "This? This isn't working, Gabriel." He ran a hand through his hair. "How are we supposed to have a healthy relationship, when you don't believe me?"
Gabriel hesitated before replying. "You're- you... You're saying that..."
"I didn't say anything." He coughed. "Gabriel, don't twist my words."
"You think I'm being unhealthy for you."
Sam scoffed. "You made me go through hell, killed my brother hundreds of times and this is supposed to be too much?" He let out a cynical laugh. "I went through a lot to get here, Gabriel."
Gabe turned away. "Screw you, Sam. If you think I'm so much work..." He put on a sarcastic tone. "Why are you putting the work in?"
Sam sighed deeply. "You don't get it. You don't freaking get it." He scoffed. "I'm done. Not gonna argue with you."
Gabriel crossed his arms, back still turned to Sam. "Just leave me alone."
Serah stepped back from the door and quickly walked to Jess. "Please open up, it's really important."
Jess opened the door. "Kiddo, who's dying?"
"My dads' marriage." Serah tried to stay calm and relax. "They're arguing." She took a deep breath and explained their argument.
"Relax, honey." She put a hand on Serah's shoulder and smiled softly. "Go to Dean, drink a coffee and I'll talk to them." Serah nodded and walked towards the kitchen.
"Dean, everything sucks and I hate it."
Dean sighed and pulled her on his lap. "You know, kiddo, sometimes boys just do stupid things and-"
"It's not about Eliot." She leaned on his chest. "I'm upset. Cheer me up."
Dean hesitated but then chuckled. "Alright, so, knock knock."
"I take it back." Serah shook her head but couldn't hide her smile. "Who's there?"
"Me."
"Me who?"
"Me, your uncle. Serah, have you ever opened a door before?"
Serah shook her head. "Dean, no."
"Dean, yes."
She pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you."
"I love you, kiddo. That's why I gotta do my 'cool-uncle-duties'."
"Your what?" She laughed. "Your- Wow, Dean. Just wow." She leaned to him and closed her eyes. Faintly, in the background, she heard more yelling. Her fathers' and Jessica's. It hurt to hear them, especially since Dean heard them too. He was tempted to get up and go, Serah could see it in his eyes. But he didn't, he stayed with Serah, slowly running his hand up and down her back.
"You know that it'll be alright." He gave her a calming look. "They love each other."
"I don't want them to argue." She shook her head. "What if..."
"Nothing, kiddo. I promise."