Forty-Four

Sam groaned. His head felt like it was exploding. He opened his eyes and looked around. Gabriel was lying on Sam's chest and doing something on his phone.
"Gabe?" Sam whispered.
"You're awake." Gabe lifted his head and smiled. "You missed something."
"Tell me."
Gabriel pressed a kiss on Sam's lips and smiled. "Jack is back."
Sam shot up, making Gabe fall on the bed. "Really?" he asked.
Gabe laughed and nodded. "He's in his room with Clark."
"I'll be sure to give him a big hug for breakfast." Sam pressed a kiss on Gabriel's head and sat up, the archangel sliding onto his lap. Sam was truly in love with the way Gabe looked up at him, his lips pressing kisses on Sam's chin when he's too lazy to reach up to meet Sam's lips.
Sam pulled the archangel closer and pressed a kiss on Gabe's forehead. Gabe seemed satisfied with that and leaned his head on Sam's chest.
"Breakfast?" Sam smiled. Gabriel nodded. With a chuckle, he picked up the archangel, draped him over his shoulder and walked into the kitchen. He put him on a chair and turned to the nephilim sitting opposite to him. "Come here, Jack."
Jack smiled and hugged the hunter. "I missed you," he mumbled.
"We missed you too," Sam smiled.
Jack sat back down on his chair. "Dean made breakfast." He happily shoved a strip of bacon into his mouth.
"I see," Sam chuckled. "Where is he?"
"He drove Serah to the doctor," Jack said. "She was feeling bad and Jess insisted she should see a doctor."
"Why did nobody wake us up?"
Jack shrugged. "It wasn't that big of a deal. She just felt a bit sick."
Sam watched Gabriel and sighed. "I'm gonna call them." He got up and went to get his phone. Quickly, he searched out Dean's contact.
"Hey, Sammy," Dean greeted.
"Hey," Sam replied. "I heard you drove Serah to the doc. What happened?"
"I don't know," Dean admitted. "She felt sick to the stomach and now she's in there with Jess."
Sam sighed. "Are you going to keep me updated?"
"Obviously," Dean assured. "It shouldn't be anything too serious. Nothing a good sink stew couldn't have fixed."
"The sink stew would have killed her," Sam chuckled. "But take care, alright? I want this day to be... nice."
"Ohhh." Dean laughed. "Do I know what's going on?"
"Shut up," Sam laughed. "Look, I'm not sure yet."
"That's cute. You two enjoy your day."
"Thank you," Sam smiled. "Bye." He hung up and went back to the others. "Serah's fine."
Gabriel sighed in relief. "Thank goodness."
Sam sat down and kissed his cheek. "Jack, can you and Cas arrange your own lunch in case the others aren't back? Gabe and I will be out the most day."
"Will we?" Gabe asked.
"Yes." Sam smiled. "Because I'll take you out today."
Gabe smiled and leaned on Sam's shoulder. "Like a date?"
Sam chuckled. "Yes, like a date." He reached for Gabe's mug and took a sip. "Ugh, Gabe, you got a little coffee in your sugar."
"Don't judge me," Gabe frowned.
"I'm just concerned about your blood sugar level."
"Good, because I'm the sweetest thing you'll ever see."
Sam smiled and ruffled his hair. "I'm gonna take a shower, get dressed and by the time I'm done you should be too so we can go." He got up from his chair.
"And you don't even ask me to join? Wow, what a relationship."
Sam laughed. "Do you want to join?"
"Not anymore," Gabe frowned.
Sam left the room and went to take a shower. He was sure Gabe was ranting about not being invited, but he was also sure Gabe was gonna greet him with a warm hug, trying to rip down his towel.
When Sam had finished he went to their room, the archangel not being there yet. He dressed, waiting for Gabriel to finish and come there.
After a short while, Gabriel walked in completely dressed. "I missed you," he said as he wrapped his arms around Sam.
"I was gone for a second," Sam chuckled. "Let's get going. I got something special planned for tonight." He took Gabriel's hand into his and intertwined their fingers before walking to the car.
The car ride was filled with laughter, Gabriel told a story about heaven back when things were better there. Gabriel was so passionate about making Lucifer and Michael less scary to Sam.
If Sam was honest to himself, he didn't see Gabriel being with the other archangels. Sure, Gabriel wasn't gonna shy away from using violence to achieve his goals, just like the other archangels, but when he looked into Gabriel's eyes, he saw something his brothers wouldn't even dream of having. The way Gabriel looked at Sam and Serah radiated so much love, Sam couldn't handle it. If Lucifer told him he did the things he did out of love, he would laugh, but if Gabriel told him he did what he did out of good intentions, Sam wouldn't even bat an eye.
He may not like Dean, but he truly loved Sam.
There was no doubt Sam would spend the rest of his life with Gabriel.