Eighty-One

"Rock-a-bye baby, on the treetop..."
Brie cried. She hooked her little fingers into the pocket of Sam's shirt and pulled.
"Shh, princess." He took the pacifier from the nightstand and gave it to her. Immediately, she calmed down. "There we go, baby girl." Sam sat down on the armchair they had put in there. "You're so pretty, do you know that?"
Brie watched him with large hazel eyes. Sam smiled and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Yes, princess, you know that."
The door opened. Gabe walked inside and sat down on the armrest. "Still not asleep?"
"No, but it's alright. We're having a great time, right, Brie?"
Brie moved and made some noise. Sam ran his finger over her cheek and nose. "Yes, princess, daddy loves you so much."
Gabe cuddled on his shoulder. "Someone has a favourite."
"I don't have favourites," Sam said. "I love all of my children equally."
"That's what dad said too."
"You're getting depressing." Sam kissed his cheek. "I booked a vacation over the holidays."
Gabe furrowed his brows. "Holidays? Honey, it's August."
"Well, yes," Sam agreed. "But with kids, we can't start planning early enough. Just us and the kids for a few days."
"Well, if you say that." He ran his hand through Sam's hair. "You need to go to bed, Sam."
"I'm alright."
"Sure," Gabe said. "But you need sleep while I don't, so I'll go on baby duty and you go to dreamland."
Sam chuckled and got up. "Goodnight, baby girl."
"Come to Papa." Gabe gently took her out of Sam's arms. "And Daddy goes to take a nap." He got on the tip of his toes and softly kissed Sam. "Sleep tight."
Sam ruffled Gabe's hair and left the nursery. He walked down the hallway, running into Tedy. "Uncle Sammy," she said. "Where have you been?"
"Well." Sam knelt down and took her in his arms. "I was with your baby cousins."
"I had a nightmare." Tedy leaned against his chest.
"Oh no." Sam started walking. "Wanna go to your daddies?" He leaned against the door and listened.
One of them groaned softly, the bed made a noise. "Cas, no, that hurts!”
Sam pulled up an eyebrow and watched Tedy. Slowly, he opened the door a crack.
Dean and Cas were tangled up in the blanket, Cas draped over his boyfriend. Sam couldn't but chuckle. "Are you two alright?"
"Cas is suffocating me and hitting me in the ribs."
"That's not true," Cas protested. "I was telling Dean that-"
"Shh, baby." Dean put a finger on his lips. "He doesn't need to know."
"Dean gained some weight."
Tedy giggled. "Daddy is cuddly."
"Your little pumpkin told me she had a nightmare." Sam walked to their bed. "Maybe someone cuddly is what she needs."
Sam wasn't sure where Dean gained that weight. Sure, he didn't have to fight for his life anymore, but Dean made sure to cook healthy meals for the family. It couldn't be the alcohol either; Dean didn't drink since Theodora was here.
"Daddy, I love you, even more, when you're cuddly." Tedy dropped out of Sam's arms and cuddled on Dean's chest. "Uncle Sammy isn't even comfy."
Dean laughed. "He's not?" he asked.
"No. I don't even know why Uncle Gabe likes cuddling him so much."
"Because Uncle Gabe loves Uncle Sammy so much." Dean smiled.
Tedy curled up on Dean's chest. She closed her eyes and yawned.
Cas ran his hand through her hair. "You had a nightmare?"
Tedy nodded. "There's a monster in my closet."
"Well, Daddy and I are gonna tell the monster to leave you alone, okay?" He pressed a kiss on her forehead. "But now you can sleep here."
Dean pulled the covers out of Cas' legs and covered them. "Thanks for bringing her here, Sammy."
"Sleep tight," Sam smiled.
"You too."
Sam left the room and closed the door. He walked to their bedroom. He slid the plaid shirt off of his shoulders and dropped his jeans to his ankles.
"I'm in for a treat."
Sam flinched and turned around. "Goddammit, Ruby, this is my bedroom, get outta here."
The demon laughed and sat down on the bed. "Nice covers."
Sam reached under his pillow and pulled out an angel blade. "Out."
Ruby got closer and held her neck and the tip of the blade. "You wouldn't do it anyway."