Ninety-Seven

Sam knocked at Jess' door. Cuss words, rustling, door opening. "What?"
Sam cleared his throat and looked into the hallway. "You're naked."
"Yes," Jess said. "Great observation."
"I looked into the documents, and... Why the hell are you seeing Ruby?"
Jess blushed. "None of your business. I didn't sell my soul."
"I would know. Now, why Ruby?"
"She was there. She's hot. No judge." She watched over her shoulder, stepped aside and Anael stepped outside, hair slightly ruffled. She silently walked out of the bunker.
"Player," Sam laughed.
"Shut it, Sam." She tucked the bedsheet around her body tighter and sighed. "You'd do the same if you had my game."
"I had game," Sam laughed. "I just committed."
"Commitment is boring," Jess said.
"Nice to say to your ex-fiancé." Sam held back a laugh. "I hope your views changed."
"You're the one that broke up with me," Jess said. "Just to become friends with benefits. As I said, commitment is boring."
"I think not." Sam smiled. "And Dean too, apparently. He and Cas got engaged."
"Engaged?" Jess nearly dropped her sheet. "When?"
"Yesterday evening."
Jess stormed off. "Winchester, we're gonna have a talk!"
"We agreed that I always get the last slice of pie, stop whining," came from the room at the other end of the hallway.
Sam laughed with a scratchy throat. "Jess, still naked."
"Nothing either of you haven't seen."
Sam shrugged at her truths and followed her footsteps.
"Dean, we're gonna have a problem."
He looked up at her, pulling up an eyebrow. "You know just as well that the baby isn't mine."
"I'm not freaking pregnant, Dean. And if I was, it surely wouldn't be from a guy I didn't sleep with in three years."
Dean leaned back in his chair. "Thanks for explaining the joke."
"You're engaged." Jess crossed her arms.
Dean hesitated. "I know," he said after a moment of silence. "I think I'd be the first to know."
"And I'm the last? Really?"
"We didn't tell anyone yet, except for Jack and Clark. They were there, I was drunk, you know the drill."
"Jack told me at breakfast, and I told you," Sam added. "Not the last, that'd be mom and dad, probably."
"On another note," Dean leaned his head to the side. "Why are you naked?"
"Because I have privacy."
"She slept with Anael "
"Samuel! I'm gonna stab you in your non-existent brain."
Sam laughed scratchily, but Jess just walked back to her room, followed by him. "Jess, I'm sorry."
"Shut it, dickhead." She turned in the door. "My sex life is none of your business."
"It used to be." Sam supported himself on the doorframe and let out a small cough instead of a gentle laugh. "I don't care who you sleep with anymore."
"Uh, I don't think so." Jess crossed her arm. "I remember that one time on a hunt in Illinois where you got like super jealous."
"That was literally 10 years ago," Sam said.
"Yeah, how many years after you called off our engagement?"
"Five," Sam said. "Which has nothing to do with that."
"You can tell me." Jess laughed. "Mr. Commitment, you got jealous."
"I was worried you'd get an STI."
Jess laughed again. "STI? Only from Dean, considering how many women he's been with." She grinned. "Besides, I always knew you were gay."
"First of all, I'm not. Second of all, I called off our engagement for no apparent reason so obviously, you thought I was gay. Third of all-"
"Sam." She stared up at him with raised eyebrows. "I've seen you look at that janitor. Seen you look at me like that."
Sam felt heat rise to his face, avoiding her look. "I-... Uhm, I didn't..."
Jess smiled. "Of course was I upset when you broke up, but after all those years... Seeing this smile on your face again, it was so worth it. You're happier with him than you could ever be with me."
"Don't undermine yourself like that," Sam said. "I wasn't unhappy with you, really." He sighed and coughed. "Pardon me, I'm getting a bit, uhm."
"Sentimental," Jess said. "King of Hell has a feely side."
"Shut up." He smiled. "Thank you for existing."
"You're welcome, handsome. I know I'm awesome."