Nathan's Hat

(Y/N)'s POV

   I was sitting with Nathan on the couch, watching Netflix. Pretty much a basic day off.
  "Oh flip!" Nathan jumped.
  "What?" I turned to him.
  "I forgot to record a vlog for today!" He said. He got the camera, lights, and table set up. I sat next to him and was ready to record.
  "Uh uh uh! Where's your merch?" He teased.
  I ran upstairs and put on an Unspeakable long sleeve shirt .
  "Hey! We're twinning!" He compared our red shirts.
  I laugh in response.
  "Hey what's going on guys? Unspeakable is back with (Your YouTube Channel/ Y/YT)!"
  I wave and make a derpy face.
  "Well today, we are going to be doing something special," he flicked his tongue, "something extraordinarily, something, unspeakable!" He 'bonked' his head. He stopped recording and I asked him why.
   "Where is my hat" He said, in a trance.
   "I don't know, which one? You have over 10 here." I shrugged.
  He started tearing the place apart looking for a hat. I suggested looking in his 'merch closet' so he bolted. I swear he's half cartoon sometimes, he threw everything out of that closet within seconds.
   "Why don't you record without a hat."
   That face then and there. That's when you know, you've messed up.
   "I would but- you know what? I don't need to explain this to you! Look at me!" He points to his hairline.
  I walk closer to him, "This isn't the Nathan I know. You're always happy and optimistic. Out of all the things to worry about, but your appearance? Everyone has their flaws, and this is nothing of it." I place my hand on his forehead. He gives me an irritated look and sighs. He muttered the words, "You wouldn't understand" and walks away.
    I follow him up the stairs. "Babe, please! I know you don't want to do this, but you've crossed the line between paranoid and obsession. Just loose the hat."
  He turns to me and a smile forms, "I can't stay mad at you. Why do you need to be so flipping persuasive?"
   "Well sometimes the past can effect your daily life. Just because some kids insult your looks, doesn't mean you hide under a hat all day. You may be a frog, but you're a turtle stuck in its shell. Now let's record that vlog."
   He nods and we go back to the table. This time, not worrying about his hat and with a smile. We resume recording.
  When we finish, I get up to go to the kitchen. An Unspeakable hat behind my back with a smile.
   'I knew I could convince him'
   What I didn't know was Nathan standing behind me the whole time.
   "WHAT THE FLIP!"
   "Uh...umm... onions have layers?" I bolted.
  "Get back here you cheeky thief!" He chased after me.
   "Mario cart!" I threw a banana at him and it hit his arm.
   "HA! GET NANERED!" Little inside joke between a few boys at my school and I.

I've wanted to make this chapter for so long because this is one of the main things I want Nathan to know. Some new fans may not know, but Nathan is always spotted in his hats for a reason. And no, they're not attached to his head. Back when he was younger (around 14) he would wear a bandana, or nothing on his head. He was confident with his fro. But some people started harassing him about being 'bald' and 'ugly'. This did impact him and now he almost always wears his hat. It's just sad to think he was harassed into being embarrassed by himself. My short message to him: Please loose the hat. Real fans don't care. We are an army.

Onions have layers, peace out!