Why Does Stress Make Us Sick More Often?

Have you noticed how easy it is to catch a cold or a virus while in a difficult life situation? At first glace, this may seem like a coincidence, but there is a direct link between stress and increased susceptibility to infections.

Under stress, the body constantly keeps the cardiovascular, respiratory, and muscular systems in an active state to withstand adversity.

The immune system is very sensitive to the signals of the nervous and endocrine systems. Changes in their functions most often result in compromised immunity.

Susceptibility to diseases increases because, at this time, the body does not have enough resources to fight them off because all its forces are directed towards combating the stress.

*try not to stress. if it won't matter in five years, don't let it bother you for more than five minutes. take vitamins. drink water. don't skip meals. it's not what you eat, it's how much you eat of it- PORTIONS!! You can legit lose weight and still enjoy pizza and ice cream, just portion sizes. If you can't pronounce an ingredient in whatever you want to eat, it probably shouldn't go into your body. If you cant say it, it aint right, so don't put that shit in your body. stay healthy boo boos!