Genital Piercing: We Bet You Didn't Know About All of These!

Genital piercing is an extravagant way to express personal style and enhance sexual pleasure.
However, we recommend you to consider all the pros and cons before making a final decision.
Types of vaginal piercing
The most common types of female genital piercing include:
- Christina piercing also known as Venus piercing
- Clitoris piercing
- Fourchette piercing
- Princess Diana piercing
- Princess Albertina piercing
- Horizontal clitoral hood piercing
- Vertical clitoral hood piercing
- Triangle piercing
- Inner labia piercing
- Outer labia piercing
Vertical clitoral hood piercing
A vertical hood piercing is the most common female genital piercing. Because of the vertical structure of female genitals, vertical hood piercings are very quick-healing. In a vertical hood piercing, a slightly curved bar is put directly through the skin covering the clitoris.
Since a vertical hood piercing sits top-to-bottom, it rests comfortably within the anatomy of the women who wear it.
The type of jewelry that can be worn with these piercings includes a circular ring or barbell, a straight barbell, or a curved barbell. Make sure to keep the vagina clean and the pierced jewelry free of bacteria to avoid infection.
Horizontal hood piercing
A horizontal piercing is a piercing done horizontally through the hood above the clitoris. This piercing typically has a ring with a bead that rests against the clitoris, offering stimulation for the wearer.
The horizontal clitoral hood piercing differs from its similarly named counterpart -- the vertical hood piercing -- in its orientation.
A horizontal hood piercing needs very particular anatomy; the hood must stick out far enough so that the pierced ring stays flat when your legs are closed.
Triangle piercing
A triangle piercing is a modern innovative and was first performed in the early 1990s. In this type of piercing, a circular barbell or a captive bead goes horizontally through the clitoral hood, behind the clitoris and passes under the clitoral shaft.
The stimulation from this type of genital piercing comes from additional sensation behind your clitoris. Triangle piercing is very different from other genital piercings, like the popular vertical clitoral hood piercings, which contact the clitoris from the front.
Inner labia piercings
An inner labia piercing is an easy piercing to sit through and heals quickly.
The piercing is done through the inner labia.
These piercings pass through the hairless folds of skin on the back side of the thicker outer labia (labia minora) that surrounded the vaginal opening. The skin is thin (but strong) and soft with ample blood supply, so healing is fast: usually 4 to 6 weeks.
You might feel a little discomfort or pinching when sitting during the initial healing. In this case, it's best to avoid riding a bike for a few weeks.
How to get a genital piercing
Genital piercing is a means of body adornment. A hole is made using a needle, and a piece of jewelry is attached to the genitals by threading it through the hole.
Genital piercings should always be carried out by a licensed professional piercer.
To do the piercing, the professional piercer will first clean the genital skin and then mark the place where the piercing will go. The piercer should only use sterile, unopened equipment and jewelry.
Using an attached piece of jewelry, the piercer will thread the needle through the genital skin. After the procedure is over, the professional piercer will provide some instructions for how to care for your genital piercing.
Make sure to remove any genital jewelry during labor and childbirth.
Possible complications
Female genital piercings can result in serious health issues, and women should be aware of the complications.
Some possible complications and risks associated with female genital piercing include bleeding, bacterial infection, nerve damage, thick scars at the piercing site, allergic reactions due to jewelry, disfigurement and tissue trauma, hepatitis B and C, and HIV.
However, these complications can be avoided with the use of sterile and new piercing equipment and jewelry.
As you might expect, childbirth can be complicated by genital piercings, due to their proximity to the birth canal.