Chapter 4: Rescue

Chaeng's POV

I, police captain Chaeyoung 'Rosé' Park, and my partner police commander Lisa 'Limario' Manoban have been in the service for almost four years now. Sometimes, we were undercover agents. But when we don't have a special case, we respond to community calls and emergencies. Not to brag, but we were the best in our division so our superior let us handle high-profile cases.

Let me tell a story, just recently, our president has been receiving death threats so we went undercover, joined the stupid people who were just after the money, and threw all of them in jail without getting injured. And then one time, we went undercover and arrested the leader of the biggest drug dealer in Korea.

Well, it was all because I'm super duper excited doing this job. I felt like some sort of superhero who was going to save the world and its people. I want to save everyone especially the babies and the children. They were so freaking cute why would anyone want to hurt them? Fuck those bad guys!

I am currently at the office, answering calls from victims or stupid suspects who act like victims. Thankfully, I can see right through them.

*kriiing kriiing*

Hello. How may I help you?” I questioned upon answering the telephone for the nth time today.

P-please help me. My father is hurting mama. He.. he is pointing the gun at us. I-I am scared, please help... The kid whispered, trying his best not to be heard by his dumb father.

Calm down, what’s your name? How old are you? And can you tell me your address?” I'm patiently waiting for the response. In the background, a man's voice can be heard. He was yelling like a butt of the chicken, quite sure he's the father. There's also a woman's voice, begging him to stop.

The kid sniffled twice before he said, “I-I’m Suga. 11 years old. We live at 45th Saint J-Ju—” The line suddenly went dead before the kid can finish. Good thing, I got enough information. Don't get mad at me if I asked for details, it was the protocol so blame the one who made that rule.

To be honest, I felt pity and nervous for the kid because I'm quite sure his father caught him talking to someone on the phone. And by the current situation, the suspect would think that it's the police so we need to act fast. Standing in hurry, I pressed the emergency button on my radio to beep my partner since she's outside, maybe having a so 'friendly' conversation with the gorgeous Myoui Mina again.

I grabbed my gun, tucking it on the holster before wearing my coat then immediately ran out towards the police car.

45th Street Saint Jude,” I informed as I entered the car. When I'm settled, I sounded the police siren so we can avoid the traffic and rescue the victims as soon as possible.

===============================
Limario's POV

My partner and I arrived at the neighborhood, but before entering the riches territory, I turned the siren off to avoid alerting the suspect. I don't like them getting alarmed and running away because chasing was not my forte.

I am slightly annoyed because Chaengie has a soft heart especially for kids and has been bugging me since she sat her ass on the shotgun seat. Don't get me wrong, I love rescuing people, but I'm a strategic type of person. My motto was to use the brain and make a solid plan before taking action because one wrong decision can cost many lives.

Come on Lis! We need to hurry. The kid said the father has a gun.” She kept pushing me out of the car with a plan of just simply infiltrating the house, but that can't be. I wish it can be that simple however, we have to follow the protocol O.P.P.A which stands for Observe, Plan, Prepare, and Action.

I reloaded my gun before stepping out of the vehicle. When we walked towards the house to check its perimeter, screams and loud cries from the inside, welcomed us. Geez. I think there's no time for planning.

I stood right in front of the door, grasping my Dan Wesson 1911-style Patriot pistol with palm pressing the grip safety lever, tightly, as I rested my index finger on the trigger, ready to fire while my partner went to the small window to check the happenings inside and as well as, identify the suspect's position.

P-please s-stop, just shoot me not our child. I heard a woman muffled plead along with the voice of a child. Papa, please don’t kill mama.

SHUT UP, YOU DISGUSTING KID! OR I WILL KILL YOU! The man shouted. What an asshole.

Upon hearing enough, I looked at Chaengie. She gave me the signal, gesturing everyone's position using her hands. Deciphering the hint, I translated it as 'The man is near the staircase that's on the left side of the entrance door.' Without wasting any more time, I gave the door a good kick. We know it's dangerous because he has a gun, but we don't have a choice, the threats were getting worse. I don't want any innocent people dying with me here, especially not children.

Police! I yelled as soon as the door swung opened and pointed my gun right at the man. He panicked and was about to take the child as his hostage, but Chaengie quickly responded, shooting the man right on his shoulder. We were both experts with guns since we were hired as sniper shooters before. This trained us and now our accuracy was almost two hundred percent.

The gun which was in the possession of the fat man, fell on the floor and before he can pick it up, I quickly ran towards him, kicking the gun in Chaengie's direction, and pinning him down.

I will sue you! You are trespassing. Do you know who am I? This is my ho–” The fat man intimidated while I put the handcuffs on his hands, but I cut him off with a blow on his throat that choked him. Heh!

Blah blah blah. Stupid.” I uttered. I hate criminals that were egocentric and had the guts to say things to us like they did nothing wrong. Shame on them!

T-thank you. Thank you so much for saving us.” The woman said as she embraced her son. Deep wounds and marks all over her body. Her face was swollen to the point it was no longer recognizable, an indication that she was beaten almost to death. The sight urged me to shoot this man's two heads, but I know I can't— It's illegal.

“The pleasures all ours, madam. Chaengie flashed them her gorgeous smile while soothing the crying kid.

“Another officer is on the way to drop you at the hospital and get your statement, madam,” I informed, pulling the fat man's arm towards the police car.

I’M GOING TO KILL ALL OF YOU. I’M COMING BA—The fat man yelled, glaring daggers so I did what I do best, I cut him off by hitting his throat for him to choke once more before throwing him in the back seat.

“Chaeng,” I entered the driver's seat. When I looked at the shotgun seat, I saw Chaengie was sobbing, quietly. Aww, such a sweetheart.

Chaengie, they are safe. Stop crying.I rubbed her back to calm her down before started driving. She's sensitive when it comes to this kind of situation because when she was still young, she was also beaten by the man she once called father, and sadly, that 'father' got shot by a policeman and died.

“FUCK YOU BOTH! YOU WILL REGRET THAT YOU LAID YOUR DIRTY COPS HAND ON ME!” The fat man, at the back seat, kept cursing us as I drove back to the station. All while, Chaengie bawled her eyes out. Ahh, poor me.