Chapter 30: Gift

The blue shade of the sky complemented the yellow rays of the sun— it's a wonderful sight. A flock of birds flying peacefully in the air, getting along with the wind. Butterflies and bees roaming around the garden, enjoying the fresh flowers that the princess grew herself.

“You two, I said eat slowly.” Beline scolded for the umpteenth time before she walked out of the dining area, shaking her head.

Elbowing the brunette beside her as she nibbled on the chicken leg, the princess asked, “Do you think she’s mad?”

Jennie shrugged her shoulders. “Well, I told you to stop inhaling the food.”

Princess Jisoo gasped, acting offended. “She clearly said ‘you two’. You just don’t go blaming the next queen like this. It’s unacceptable!” They exchanged deadly glares for a minute before their laughter exploded.

“Oh boy~ I’m so glad we are alive.” Jennie smiled.

Yeah, and it’s all thanks to those people. Without them, we’ll be dead from the torture by now.” Jisoo stated as she continued munching her precious grilled chicken.

Princess, what do you think about inviting them for lunch after Chaeng and Seulgi got discharge?” The excitement in Jennie's voice made Jisoo looked at her suspiciously. “Why? Do you think it’s not a good idea?

Nah, it’s not that.” Princess Jisoo grinned. “Someone wants more hickeys~” She sang. Yiiiieee, you can make out inside my room. I won’t charge you anything, just don’t moan so loud and change the bedsheet after, okay?” Jisoo teased her but before the brunette can defend herself, they heard a scream.

AAAHHHHHH!

Quickly running to the source, they saw the old woman trembling in horror.

What happened?! Are you okay gran gran?! Jisoo questioned, worried. Beline didn't talk and just pointed at something. WHAT THE HELL! GUARDS!!” Three guards went running to her call. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? HOW ON EARTH DID THIS GOT HERE? WHO SENT THIS?! She bombarded them with questions.

One of the guards picked the letter that has blood on it and read it out loud.

DEAR PRINCESS,

ENJOY YOUR FREE DAYS. WE WILL NOT STOP UNTIL YOU GIVE US WHAT WE WANT. YOU AND YOUR PARENTS CANNOT HIDE FOREVER. THIS IS JUST A WARNING. WE ARE GIVING YOU TWO WEEKS. GIVE US THE MONEY OR ONE OF YOU KIMS WILL SAY GOODBYE TO THIS WORLD.

-Y

The ladies were astonished. Thoughts immediately made havoc in their minds as fear taut their bodies. All of them were aware that this warning should not be taken lightly.

The chief security officer who inspected the box bowed ninety degrees and said, “Deepest apologies for my incompetence princess, but I vowed that we will not let any harm bestowed upon you again. then he excused himself.

The princess reached for her phone, dialing a certain number.

*kriiing kriiing*

Taehyung...

“Hi, princess. What’s the matter? Is everything alright?” Taehyung asked.

“He sent a dead rat. Jisoo wiped her tears. At the back of her mind, she was hoping that it was all a dream and that she'll wake up from this nightmare soon.

“WHAT?! Fuck, I’m coming... Order a total lockdown. No one gets in and out of that mansion. Tell the guards to fucking do their job.

The call ended with a furious prince and a terrified princess.