Chapter 45: Cheesy Preparation

Chaeyoung's POV

Today marked our fourth day. We haven't got a chance to even step out of our office. Well, the forest was huge and there were nine rest houses owned by different people so we have to check every single one. Ugh, life would be easier if we didn't need search warrants.

DEYM! We already searched five rest houses and still no sign of that asshole. Lisa scoffed in annoyance.

Don’t lose hope. There are four more. Quite sure he’s there somewhere, She's been frustrated since day one and her negative energy was affecting us. You should go home.I proposed.

NO! I’M GOING TO FIND THAT ASSHOLE! She yelled. I only can face-palm myself. I was exhausted too but I'm not grumpy because I'm a cool person with a cup of tea 🤭.

Can you like loosen up? Your anger will not solve the problem. I chided. Running her fingers through her hair, she took a deep breath. I understood her sentiment. We haven't got the chance to catch a wink and we barely ate but throwing tantrums will not do any good.

“... I’m sorry. It’s just that I wanted to arrest that man so we’ll all have peace of mind. Lisa explained.

“Believe me, that’s what I want but we have to be patient... You know, please take a nap, I beg of you. Jennie will not be happy if she sees you like that. You looked like a zombie. I joked. How on earth can she still be a gorgeous doll-looking woman even with the lack of sleep? How unfair!

*kriiing kriiing*

Sliding my chair towards the desk, I picked my phone.

Hello, gorgeous. I greeted.

Hey, love. How are you? When are you coming home? Can we go there? I miss you so badly. Jisoo said that in one breath.

I’m fine. How are you? Is the gang behave? We are going home soon so just wait there with Jennie. It’s safer and I miss you too so much, I took a sip before continuing, “and please stop pouting, I might drop everything just to kiss you.

I will be pouting more~She countered, cutely.

Where’s Jennie?” I asked.

Why? Do you miss her more than me?! I'm certain she had her bitch face on. Her mood swings were getting weirder. One minute she's cute and clingy then a second later, she's an angry dragon.

Of course not. It’s just that Lisa here is so cranky and her frustration is about to kill all of us... I just thought that Jennie might help her relax a bit. Just please tell her to call this grandma here.” I took another sip. I'm so thirsty these days.

JEEEEENNIEEE!! CALL LISA! SHE NEEDS YOUR OH-SO SOOTHING VOICE.Jisoo shouted from the other line. I chuckled.

It didn't take long before my sister's phone rang but she ignored it since she's too focused on making the plan.

Jennie’s calling. The moment she heard the name, she quickly stood up, answering her phone.