Chapter 32: Smack

Limario's POV

I was dragged to the living room like a two-year-old child abducted in the broad daylight. Cold eyes boring deep inside my soul. I was petrified.

Clearly, the prince was mad but I can't blame him, Jisoo was his fiancé and if I were him, I would have smacked the shit out of the one my Je- I mean my fiancé kissed... absolutely!

“Excuse me~ Can I get you something to drink? Jennie asked as she sauntered down the stairs.

I’m good. The prince replied. Crap. Beer no more... What a waste.

Cannot get myself to look at her since I'm still embarrassed about what I did, I said, “Ah, me too.” In all honesty, I wasn't thinking straight— She just wouldn't let me think straight. Gosh~ I'm in love with Kim Jennie.

“Oh, uh, okay. I’ll leave you both to talk.” Jennie excused herself.

But before she can turn to wherever she will be going, Taehyung spoke. “No. Take a seat.” He said. “You should know the plan. You are in this mess.”

Jennie nodded before sitting beside me while sir Taehyung sat in front of us. His cold eyes boring deep inside me once again. It was so awkward. Wait, why am I the one suffering when I wasn't the one who kissed that princess of his? Argh! Deym you, Park Chaeyoung!

“Ahem, c-can we start?” I inquired.

He took a deep breath before opening his mouth, I would like to hire you as Jisoo’s security. You’ll be with her twenty-four-seven until that man is arrested. I want you to stay here for the meantime, He leaned back. “I need your answer.

I cracked my knuckles as I displayed a frown on my face. He didn't even bother giving me a chance to think. What a bossy jerk. “We don’t really do bodyguarding.”

“You see, as Jisoo’s fiancé, her safety is the most important thing to me... I’m choosing the both of you because you work really well and I believe the princess and everyone here will be safer if you are around.He praised.

I nodded in understanding. However, it was not just me so I cannot decide on my own. “I’m honored that we made that impression on you, but I need to ask my sister first.

He stared at me for a moment. I'm not sure what's going on inside his head. It was like he was considering murdering my sister with his own hands or feeding her to the sharks.
Of course, I’ll be waiting until tomorrow. The payment will be tripled but please, let’s be professional here. Taehyung stood up and so did I.

I understand. Thank you.

I’ll take my leave now.” He patted my shoulder twice then he was gone.

Now it's just me and Jennie.

Lisa/Jennie,” We said in unison.

Oh, sorry. Go ahead.” I urged.

No, it’s okay. You go first. She contradicted.

I took a deep breath before holding her hands. Look, I’m sorry for wh–” My speech was interrupted by soft lips. It was just a smack but this girl never fail to surprise me.

Are you regret–” I kissed her too.

Nope. I’m not. I’ll even marry you if I have to...” I cupped her face, caressing her chubby cheeks. “Look, Jennie, I-I want you.” Looking at each other's eyes, our lips met once again. “I’m in love with you.” I rested my forehead on hers.

=====
Cuddling on the couch, Jennie played the button of my long-sleeve. “... Where are your parents?” I asked.

My father died five years ago and my mom is living somewhere with her new boyfriend. How about you?” She ran her fingers on my neck, making me gulp.

Composing myself, I kissed her forehead. I know she's not aware of what she's doing. It was written all over her face. We haven’t met our biological parents... My adopted parents...” I told her my tale and so was my sister's story.

That’s so sad. But how did you two meet?

“We attended the same school. At first, we hated each other because we had a crush on this girl that we ended up having a fistfight, but after we found out that the girl was just using us as her entertainment, we became friends. Then when we got older, we tried to find our real family and it turned out we already found it.The smile on my face grew as I recalled the memories.

Wow. It’s awesome how you were both being sisters without realizing it... Anyway, how do you know Seulgi, Nayeon, and Momo?” Jennie asked.

Momo and Seulgi are my best friends since grade school while Nayeon is Chaeng’s childhood friend. We took the same course and trained together. I’m their troop leader.

Really? Momo told me some details but I didnt know that you are friends for that long.” I liked how she was so eager to know more about me.

How did you end up with the princess? I questioned.

“Uhm, my parents borrowed a lot of money from Kim’s family and I was used as the payment, but I’m happy because, you see, she treats me well.Jennie's gummy smile showed herself once again. We talked and talked and talked until I remembered the question I've been meaning to ask her.

“Ahm, Jennie. Can I ask you something? It’s been bothering me. I held her hand, playing with her tiny fingers.

“What is it?She tilted her head to look at me.

‘Oh boy~ There’s no doubt. I must have did great things in my past life.’ I thought. “You are not seeing anyone, right? I mean, I-I dont want to ruin your relationship if ever.” She pulled her hand and smacked me with it.

Aish! You dumbo. Of course, there’s no one. I wouldnt kiss you if there is someone else. Do you think I’m a playgirl?...” She squinted her eyes. She looked scary but adorable at the same time. “I like you, Lisa. Her whole face turned red after she said that.

“Ohh, I see– wait, what did you say?” Hearing it from her was surreal. It sent butterflies to my stomach. Geez. What's happening to me? I've never been like this before.