Chapter 51: What's your answer?

▪Time skip▪

Jennie's POV

A year had passed by that quickly. A lot of things had happened in that short period. First, the prince and princess started preparing for their wedding. It was because sir Teagan adjusted the date when he heard of the existence of a certain redhead. Second, Momo vanished. She disappeared without a trace. Third, that so-called redhead, well, she was either drunk or not home for a week or two. I'm aware because Lisa and I have been official for a year now and I'm staying in their condo most of the time.

Nini, are you ready?Speaking of the devil, she knocked on the door.

“Hold on!” I yelled, slipping my feet on the heels she gave me a few months ago.

“I’ll wait for you outside.” She said.

“Okay!” I stood up, grabbing my purse. But before opening the door, I glanced at the mirror for the last time. I really like this black dress.” I mumbled to myself. When I was satisfied with my look. I took off, riding the elevator.

*ding*

I walked towards the blonde standing outside. “Sorry to keep you waiting.”

Facing me, she eyed me from head to toe. “Woah~ You look stunning baby.”

With a blushing face, I smiled. You look good yourself.” She had this black suit that looked so good on her.

Opening the car door, she said. “Shall we?

“Yes, we shall.” Hopping on the car, she closed the door before going to the driver's side.

=====
We've arrived at our destination. She opened the car door for me again. Such a gentlewoman. “Thank you.” Roaming my eyes, my mouth parted. The place screams expensive.

“Lili– She cut me off.

Don’t worry. The prince gave me a lot for my hard work and I want to enjoy it with you.” She assured me. But the guilt I feel when using her money was always present. It sucked that I don't have anything to offer since I didn't let Jisoo pay me. I worked for free even after I finished paying my parents' debt. I haven't got a chance to go to formally attend school and I work as a maid. Sometimes, I'm worried that she will meet someone better and leave me. “Hey~ Stop overthinking. You are perfect.” She kissed my forehead. “Let’s go. I’m famished.”

Hand in hand, we entered the restaurant.

“Greetings. Welcome to Zaldy’s Restaurant. A woman greeted.

“Reservation for Lisa Manoban. The receptionist scanned the reservation list then she signaled another woman to assist us.

“Please follow me.” And as usual, these girls were flirting with my Lili. It's always like this when we were out on a date. Nothing new. They didn't know respect. Like hello, I'm with her. She's even holding my hand.

We reached the reserved seat. My Lili pulled the chair, letting me sit before settling in front of me. “Thank you.”

The waitress handed the menu. Just call me when you are ready to order. I saw her bit her lower lip as she looked at the blonde in front of me. Lisa didn't notice because she was busy scanning the menu but she had this weird grin on her face that was quite suspicious.