Chapter 12: The Stamped Tag

Taehyung's POV

I noticed how agent Manoban gritted her teeth when her eyes landed at the name written on the back of the polished metal but I shrugged it off, thinking that maybe, she had a personal grudge on that Yinyang that's why I left them right after our conversation. I'm tired so I planned on going home. I felt like I needed a glass of whiskey and a good night's sleep. Of course, I'm worried about Jisoo but will my worry bring her back? No. So instead of killing myself with distress, I will try to catch a wink and relax my mind so that if anything happens, I will be able to think straight.

“Oh Reiley, are you doing alright?” I asked as I passed by the front desk.

“Yes, prince. Nothing to worry about... Thank you for your concern. Please take care.” She bowed her head. I thanked her before continuing my way.

I was almost out of the station when I heard a loud banging sound so I looked back and caught a glimpse of agent Manoban entering Jimin's office.

I'm not one hundred percent certain but my guts were telling me that something's wrong so I decided to eavesdrop. I know it was not an example that a future king should impose however, in my defense, curiosity killed the cat and I do not wish to perish.

“How dare you talk to me like that!? Watch your words commander Limario or el–” Jimin threatened.

I decided to play the role of a knight in shining armor. “Or else what, chief Jimin?” I stared straight into his eyes. “I would like to hear how this Yinyang got out of jail, isn’t it a disgrace that a criminal escaped on your watch?” I entered, stopping in front of his desk.

“U-uh, s-sir...” Jimin started sweating. I'm now aware that this chief was not good at handling tension.

*bogsh*

“EXPLAIN!” I flipped the chair that was on my side, trying to be intimidating as hell.

“T-this h-has nothing to do with the princess, sir.” Jimin stood from his swivel chair. He had this look on his face that tells me to go fuck myself.

But I wouldn't do that. I will not lose the battle I started. “Who are you to decide!? Stop wasting my time and start explaining!” We fought another battle of intense staring. “The time of a royal blood shouldn’t be frittered so if you don’t want your head cut first thing in the morning, then I suggest you start explaining.” He clenched his fists so tight, it turned white before he let it go and sat back on his swivel chair.

Mr. Yang escaped when he got sent to the hospital. We had no choice but to send him to receive treatment for his shoulder wound, and he used that opportunity to escape.He suddenly appeared like a different person. No stuttering, no unusual movement of the eyes, no fidgeting of fingers, no nervous sweat, nothing. Looked like I finally uncovered his true color.

Agent Limario slammed her hands on the desk, making me flinch but I quickly composed myself. I just hope no one noticed. How did he escape?! What about the security thats assisting him?!” She questioned. She was so ready to bite Jimin's head. Let's go girl and tame this shitty dragon. I'll cheer for you!

“I was told that he fled through the hospital window when no one was looking and the three police officers that escorted him were placed in custody for questioning.” He answered. I'm quite sure they were killing each other in their minds.

Having enough of this rubbish wrangle, I stood up. I expect great things from the chief of police that my father had appointed but seeing you... I’m so disappointed. Anyway, just be sure that you have nothing to do with that Yinyang because if I find out that you do, I will end you.” I grabbed his collar. “I’ve seen that look on your eyes a thousand times already, so if I were you, I would think twice.” Letting go, I fixed his collar for him before tapping his shoulder. “The agents are now under my wings. If anything happens to them, I’ll make sure to come and get your head as payment for it.” And just like that, I left. I knew how dangerous it was to threaten the highest rank of police since for sure he has connections but I'm not afraid. I'm the next king so he must follow me.

===============================
Jisoo's POV

With my free hand, I gently caressed Jennie's face before kissing her forehead. Thankfully, she fell asleep after crying her eyes out but I was still worried since a while ago, I saw her winced in pain and she seemed weak so I asked her if she's not feeling well or if anything was hurting but she insisted that I had nothing to worry about. I just hope it's nothing serious because I don't think we'll be out of here anytime soon.

“Hayyy~” Looking at the darkness, I absent-mindedly reached on my pocket to play with the metal tag, old habits, only to remember that it's gone.

*flashback*

"Why are they accusing you of stealing?.. It's not true, right?" I looked him in the eyes.

He held my shoulders, looking at me with a smile on his face. "Of course not. Uncle papa wouldn't steal but I have to go. I'll be late for my business flight..."

"NO! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!" I cried, hugging him tightly.

"No need to cry, Jisoo... Hmm, how about I give you this?" He got out a polished metal from his pocket. "My name is stamped on it, so if you miss me or you're sad, just hold on to it and remember that I'm always here for you. I promise I will be back." Then he turned around and left.

*end of flashback*
.
.
.
.
I clenched my fist. The reason why I hold on to that metal tag was so I can never forget the name that ruined everything. “I never thought he’ll come back like this...

Earlier, when I saw the condition of Jennie's house, I already know that something wasn't right so I carefully slipped the tag at the back of the door before entering the house. I just hope that somebody will find it and will have the idea of who to put behind bars.

Everything about this scary place made me feel so frail but I have to be strong, not only for myself but also for Jennie. I don't want to stay here any longer and dying here wasn't on my plan so we have to get out of here. But do I need to make a plan? Or maybe just wait for my knight in shining armor, who knows?

Yet one thing's clear to me, once we got out of here, that uncle papa of mine will pay for stealing our money and for hurting me. How dare he bruised my precious face and my kissable lips.

*keys jingling*

Suddenly, the door opened and something was thrown inside. Smelling what seemed to be a gas made my eyes heavy. Help.I managed to utter before I fell into a deep slumber.