Chapter 44: Talent

▪Time skip▪

Jisoo's POV

Baby, say ahhh~, Nayeon said as she fed Jeongyeon like a two-year-old kid.

I have hands. The latter playfully rolled her eyes.

I know but I want to feed you!! Nayeon whined.

That's the couple eating in the dining room while I'm here in the living room with Momo, watching them like it was something nostalgic. If I was asked why, my answer will be, ‘I'm just so bored.’. Don't get me wrong the couple was cute but the sight made me imagine a lot of things. Okay, I admit it. I'm a bit clingy to Rosé— fine not a bit but super clingy. I can't be blamed for it, I'm in love.

“You miss Chaeyoung? Momo asked. Her eyes were still locked on her precious book. Now, it made me curious what that book was about because she's so into it even while having a conversation.

Yes, so much. I answered, truthfully.

Then why not call her? She suggested, nonchalantly, like I was dumb for not doing it in the first place.

I don’t want to disturb her. They didn’t go home for three days so I guess they are pretty occupied, I explained, heaving a deep sigh. “Anyway, what are you reading? I asked. The way she can't keep her eyes off of it made my curiosity spike.

Oh, this book is written by ShoujoZz titled HELP’. Its a really nice book. She replied with a smile. Staring at her for this long, I noticed that she was indeed glamorous.

Is she famous? I inquired.

Nope. She’s a new writer and this is her first story. She let me borrow this book because she needed my opinion on whether she should release more copies or not.She explained.

Can I read it after you?

“Sure. I’m almost done with it. I’ll lend it to you in no time.She tapped my shoulder so I let her continue reading while I decided to watch some videos of Blackpink on my phone. The lyrics of the song were so magnificent that I didn't even know I was singing along.

“Such an angelic voice.” Nayeon complimented as she shuffled to the living room.

Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize I was singing.” It was awkward receiving a compliment from someone I'm not close to. But thank you.

“Don’t be shy. You have a great voice, Jeongyeon gave me a thumbs up. You should try singing with Chaeyoung. I think your voices will blend perfectly. She settled next to Nayeon.

She can sing? That I'm not aware or did I just forgot?

We all do,” Seulgi proudly butted in, settling beside Momo.

Chaeyoung has some cover videos on Youtube.Momo said.

Really?!I got fired up. She never failed to amaze me. First, she's naturally beautiful, kind-hearted, and sweet. Second, she's like an angel that was sent from above. Third, she was talented. Such a full package. How did I get so lucky?

Yes. Search Can't Help Falling in Love by Park Chaeyoung. Momo indicated. I quickly typed it on the search bar and played the video.

Is Lisa singing too? Jennie asked as she sat on my other side.

Actually, we have no idea. We haven’t heard her sing or even hum a song. Nayeon let out, making the other three nod their heads in agreement.

But maybe she can because my Rosé can.” I concluded. The four girls just shrugged.

We continued listening to Rosé cover songs. It helped me relax. Her voice was soothing so I kept it on replay.

=====
Another day had passed without my girlfriend but at least Jennie's beside me— just kidding, she's in the bathroom, relaxing in the bathtub at two freaking A.M.

We can't sleep yet so I decided to call my Rosé. Why? Because why not? I'm tired of holding myself back.

================================
Nayeon's POV

Resting my head on my girlfriend's chest, memories came flashing through my mind. How did we end up like this?

*flashback*

“Hey,” Jeongyeon waved her hand. I looked at her and smiled. “I want to tell you something... You know, when I almost died, the first and only person that came into my mind was you... I–I’m not sure whether I should do this or not but I’d give it a shot...”

*end of flashback*

When she confessed to me, I didn’t know what's the right thing to say because I never thought of her that way. But on the other hand, I wasn't able to picture my life without her so I gave her a chance.

“Do you know what really changed Seulgi's heart?” Jeongyeon stroked my hair. What she meant was Seulgi's feelings for me. Well, I'm aware. I'm not that numb. To be honest, I was thinking of giving her a chance to court me because I almost lost her three times already but when I was about to tell her that, someone barged into the room. Guess who? Her name starts with 'I' with the last name that starts with 'B'.

“Hmmm...” I trailed. “I think she’ll tell you real soon since she doesn’t really know how to keep a secret from you.”

“But can’t you just tell me? I’m dying to know what happened. She just got shot then boom, she’s not into you anymore.” Jeongyeon appealed.

“So, you like—” I was about to start an argument but someone knocked on the door, interrupting my beast mode.

*knock knock*

Someone's banging the door at two-thirty in the morning. Like what? With heavy feet, I stood up, opening the door with an angry expression. But the bitch didn't mind me and just went straight to the bed, throwing herself in.

What’s up?Jeongyeon asked.

The prince called me~Momo squealed. I raised my eyebrow. “And why would the prince of Korea call you?” We were not high-rank officials to get that privilege.

Believe me, I was confused too.” Seulgi butted in, standing at the door, massaging her temple.

“Well, he called on behalf of Chaeyoung and Limario. Anyway, he informed me that sir Jungkook has a lead... I’m here since I wanted to ask you if you guys want to help them because I am definitely in for some action.” Momo wiggled her brows.

What about the two ladies? I inquired. “What’s the point of staying here for a few days now if we’re going to leave them here alone?”

Momo rolled her eyes at me. “Of course, we will not leave them behind. They will be with the prince himself.”

“Okay then,” I smirked. That's all I want to hear. And it's good to know that the sisters will not end our lives.