Chapter 5: Feelings?

Jisoo's POV

Done preparing for my date with the famous heartthrob prince— Taehyung. I'm sporting a pink dress that flows right above my knees matched with two-inch white heels and an MK purse.

Jennie still can't look straight into my eyes which I find amusing. She was awkward but trying her best not to be. We haven't experience that 'thing' since all eyes were gawking at us twenty-four seven. But I don't mind getting naked in front of girls. Don't get me wrong, it's just that I am proud of my body.

P-princess, the prince has arrived,” Jen announced, avoiding my eyes. I cackled. Geez. Still blushing at the fact that she saw me naked, how cute can she be?

Earlier, I heard her scoffing and repeatedly chanting, “Oh my gosh, my eyes are not virgin anymore.” which by the way, was freaking witty to my liking. Imagine a girl in her twenties who looked like she witnessed a murder crime, that's how Jennie was acting.

Although I want to continue teasing her, I chose to stop because knowing her she will think about it too much, and then she will get so awkward for some time, and in the end, I will be needing to act mad just for her to notice me. I don't want a timid Jennie every time she's around me so it's a big no.

I stood up from the chair and went to the door, but before I step out, I gave her a tight embrace and smiled. Thank you my Jendukie,” I said, sincerely, then started walking away, leaving her baffled at my sudden gesture.

Frankly speaking, Jennie turns me on. I don't know. The feeling of being alive and excited around her or every time we cuddle was present. I just don't want to tell her that because she was like a sister to me and that will be incest, right? Argh! It's confusing— It confuses me.

Walking down the stairs, a magnificent looking guy, who was wearing a nice all-black suit and tie with his infamous to-die smile, welcomed me. The way he stood emitted a strong aura. His movements screamed decency. A smile that sparkled so brightly, messing everyone's heart. And a look that shouted royalty, the royalty that was waiting for me. A typical prince in every fairytale? Nah, believe when I say, he's not. 😉

“Greetings, my lady.” He greeted me as he held my hand and placing a kiss on the back of it. “And as always, you look stunning.”

With my brightest smile, I said. Hello, prince Taehyung. It’s nice to see you again.”

Shall we?He asked while playfully wriggling his eyebrows.

“Yes, we shall!” Excitedly tugging my arm around his arm, I pulled him to the car.

Of course, at first, our set-up was uncomfortable and we hated each other. Who wouldn't? The need of going on a date almost every day and to spend time with the person you barely know. There was too much pressure. But since we've been going out for years now, we sorted it out.

Our parents wanted us to get married at the age of twenty-three, right after College graduation in which for us was more likely 'homeschooled graduation'. Two more years to enjoy our not-so-free freedom if we cannot think of a way out. We already discussed this arranged marriage. Taehyung admitted that he's gay and I love him for it. See? Not your typical prince in a fairytale, but he's the sweetest and the most understanding person, I know.

We don't mind ending with each other, the only thing that bothers us was that our parents expect us to give them grandkids, take note with 's'. Of course, it was so there will be someone to inherit the royal crown that will be bestowed upon Taehyung after we tied the knot.

“Is something bothering you?” He asked.

“Oh, it’s nothing.”

Taehyung and I did our usual date, eating at a fancy restaurant while we talked about how we can break the contract. I'm eager because I know he's in love with someone else and I want him to be happy.

So, how’s your best friend? What’s his name again?” I snapped my fingers, trying to remember. “Oh yes, Jungkook, the handsome police officer. Are you still imagining him cuffing you on the bed?” Taehyung choked from the juice he was drinking. Bad timing, I know but sorry not sorry. Ha!

Reaching out, I gently patted his back as I released my laughter.

What the hell girl! Shut it, someone might hear you, you bitch.” We both laughed. It's fun seeing his alter-ego taking over. This was his true self and I love it.

HAHAHAHA! What? Is it a crime now to ask a question?” I played dumb while going back to my seat.

He just glared at me but I smirked back at him. I like teasing him, it's comical how his entire face turned red with just saying Jungkook's name.

How about your Jendukie? Taehyung used the tone of my voice when he said Jennie's nickname. I gave him a deadly glare.

I told you it's nothing.” Weird that I'm doubting my words but well, it's nothing. I just like teasing her.

“Girl, stop lying to yourself. My radar's beeping.He continued eating.

I’m not. I told you she’s like a sister to me. Maybe I’m just used to having her around all the time.” I explained.

He clicked his tongue and shook his head. “Alright, I get it. But I must tell you, the magical feeling can never be suppressed. If one day, your heart starts beating for someone, go on and try. I will support you no matter what.”

“Appreciate that. You know that I got your back as well, right?” He nodded. We continued eating, talking, and planning until it's late-night meaning time to go back to my cage— the mansion.

Taehyung drove me back to my house, I will not call it home because it's not one, not anymore. As we reached the mansion's front door, he immediately got out and opened the passenger door then offered his hand for me, and helped me get out.

If we were not forced to get married or if we were living in some other era, maybe I'll fall for him but sadly, this reality was just too cruel. We don't feel that deepest connection since these gestures were mostly acting. He's not him, I'm not me. We need to act like an official couple when eyes were gawking at us so the tabloids and other people can never ruin our reputation. Royalty. A word consisting of only seven letters but weighs like an eighteen-wheeler truck.

Thank you for today, my lady. Spending time with you is always a pleasure to me.” He kissed the back of my hand again.

“Prince Taehyung, deepest gratitude for letting me have your company today.” I playfully winked at him. If I'm not used to this, I have been vomiting by now. It's cringey.

We bowed our heads slightly as a polite gesture of parting ways. I started walking to my room. Unconsciously, I had this smile on my face. No, it's not because of the prince. I just remembered the fun I had with Jennie this morning. Such a nice way to start the day.