Chapter 42: We Came Ready

Limario's POV

Today, the princess was ousted from the hospital due to her, let's just say, loud moan— I meant mouth. So now, I'm driving them to the mansion.

“Hey, you alright?” Chaengie patted my shoulder. I looked at her, trying to communicate using my eyes. “I can sense it too.” She uttered in a tone I cannot decipher.

“Sense what?Jennie inquired.

For a moment, a serious look appeared on Chaengie's face but before she spun her head, she exhibited her brightest smile. “Don’t worry about it.”

Halting the car one block away from the mansion, I took a deep breath.

“That’s the mansion?” The princess pointed at the bungalow house across the street.

I chuckled. No princess. We’ll just wait here for a bit.” Grabbing my gun on the glovebox, I opened the door, laying a sole on the ground. “Sit tight.”

My legs wandered down the street until I'm in front of the fortress I once dreamt of setting foot on. Two guards approached me, saluting. “Commander Manoban.”

I immediately warned them before hiding inside the mini forest right across the mansion. One... Two... Three... Twelve... Fifteen. As my watch tick, the unpleasant feeling worsened but the time seemed to stall when my eyes caught sight of two Mercedes Sprinter XLWB vans, heading straight in my direction.

*ratatatatattatatatatatata*

The music made by guns started playing. Of course, my pistol joined the band too.

*bang* *bang*

Two shots, one enemy down. I was doing great however, it's such a disadvantage using a small firearm designed for one-hand use when fighting against an automatic weapon that is capable of sustained rapid fire.

*bang bang*

*ratatattatatatatatatattatatatatatattaa*

*click*

“Great...” Hiding on the tree trunk, I reloaded my gun as the idiots continued to bombard me with bullets.

*ratatatatattatatatatatat*

And to my dismay, a bullet pierced my arm. “Argh fuck!” I pressed my beeper and in just a few minutes, she was limping to my aid.

*bang bang*

When the enemies noticed that the gun fires were coming from three sides. RETREAT!” Someone shouted and in just a blink of an eye, silence invaded our ears. Without thinking twice, I got my phone out and dialed Jungkook's number.

*kriiing*

In just one ring, the call connected. I didn't wait for him to speak because I cannot afford to lose time. TWO BLACK VANS WITH NO PLATE NUMBERS COMING FROM THE KIM'S MANSION.Then I ended the call.

“Very sharp yet so stupid.” Chaengie wrapped a handkerchief on my bleeding arm. “Come on. I called the ambulance. Let’s get you inside.” But before we can take a step, we heard screams.

“Jisoo/Jennie.” We uttered in unison.

“I told you to stay in the car.” Chaengie embraced the princess, whispering whatever sweet words to comfort her.