Chapter 28: Broken ChaeSoo

Jisoo's POV

The time I took my last bite on my fried chicken was the exact timing when Limario came back to check on Rosé. Hi, Chaeng. Do you need anything? She asked.

It seemed to me that there's something weird going on since every time Jennie and Limario exchanged glances, they will look away from each other like they had laid their eyes on something they shouldn't have seen, but I just shrugged it off, thinking that maybe it's just because they were strangers. Fair enough, right?

Nothing Lisa. Thanks. Ohhh! Did you already inform prince Taehyung? Rosé inquired. Why do I feel like I forgot about him? Hehe

Yes. I called him earlier and for sure, he will be here any minute now,She replied.

And speaking of the devil, joke. Speaking of a gorgeous prince charming, the door swung opened revealing the one and only, Kim Taehyung.

Princess!!” He came running towards me, hugging me tightly.

Tae, you’re squeezing me~” I gently pushed him away.

Ohh, apologies. Are you okay? Did they check on you? Is something hurting?” He bombarded me with questions as he spun me around.

I’m doing fine now. Thanks to these people. They surely did a job well done.” I smiled, looking exactly at Rosé's eyes, but she looked away with an unreadable expression on her face. I suddenly felt my heart broke. It's odd... Having the urge to tell her that I'm into her... ‘What is this feeling?’

“Let’s go. I will drive you two home. I know you are both tired.” Taehyung wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “By the way, I already transferred the payment to your bank accounts. I can’t thank you enough for saving them so if you need something else, don’t hesitate to contact me. He added, looking at Limario then led me and Jennie out of the room.

=====
When we arrived at the mansion, every guard lined up, bowed, and apologized to me. I just smiled at them since it was not their fault anyway. And also, I don't want to talk. My mind was still busy thinking of someone it shouldn't have been thinking in the first place. However, that thinking was interrupted the time I stepped inside the mansion.

“Uh, why are you all crying? It’s not like I’m dead.”

“Oh~ Princess Jisoo...” Lola granny came to me and embraced me.

I’m so sorry for making you all worried,” I apologized. Does my parents know? Are they home?” I asked. I was also really worried about them. My only hope was there's nothing bad happened to them.

Yes, they know, but I told them not to go home yet until Mr. Yang is arrested. Dont worry, they are safe. I sent my best bodyguards to the Philippines for them.” Taehyung answered then he pulled me inside my father's office, closing the door behind him. He informed me about what my mother has told him, the blackmailing, and everything else.

After telling me those things, he brushed his hands through his hair, took a deep breath, and looked at me with a serious facial expression. But what caught me off guard was when he suddenly grinned. I got chills looking at him. Please don't tell me he's now officially crazy...

===============================
Limario's POV

On my way back to Chaeng's room, I called the prince, giving him brief information, the hospital name, and room number. Of course, in just less than twenty minutes, Sir Taehyung arrived. Well, perks of being the next king. He can either magically make cars vanish on the road or speed his car on his heart's desire anytime he wanted to.

“... I can’t thank you enough for saving them so if you need something else, don’t hesitate to contact me.

I nodded my head in understanding before closing the door behind him. “We did great. You must rest well to recover quickly.” The smile on my face faded.

I’m so stupid.” Chaeng suddenly blurted out, staring at the ceiling with an attitude I haven't seen since her adopted father died.

“Hey~ Don’t say that.” I walked closer to her and noticed that she's shedding some tears. Is it about the princess?” I concluded. She nodded as her tears left her eyes.

*sniffle sniffle*

Shhh~” I comforted her. What else to say? I'm not sure so I just let her cry in my arms until she fell asleep.

Deym it! I should have stopped her instead of shipping them together, but can't blame me they looked perfect together.