Chapter 6: Lost

The gloomy sky restlessly spattered the tears it had been saving for years. When was the last time it rained? Two, three, or four years ago? No one can even recall. Thunders roared, lighting the thick blackened clouds and if it wasn't for the blasts, darkness will devour the entire city. Raindrops pelting on the roof and the loud boom of thunder were the two things disrupting the sound of emptiness. Such terrible weather today.

Now marked the second week of Jisoo's parents going rogue. Also, her best friend was nowhere to be found. Apparently, without her, the princess cannot function well. Everything just easily bores her to death.

“ARGH!”

Not having much choice. She locked herself inside one of the chambers—her room. Resting on the soft queen-size bed, she stared at nothingness. Something was bothering her. It was written all over her face. Has she forgotten something? Or perhaps, just missing someone? Maybe, not being used to having alone time made her paranoid. But when did this paranoia started? Probably, upon receiving a coded message saying, 'Delta. Echo. Alpha. Delta Charlie. Alpha. Tango'.

Seeing this reminded her of an old friend of their family. The man who acted more like her father only to disappoint her at the end. His true intention— her inheritance. If only she believed what her brother had said... “Open your eyes, Jisoo! Money makes people evil! Don’t get fooled or you will regret trusting that man, mark my words!” If only she trusted his words then maybe the freedom she had will not be taken from her.

“Tsk!” Standing up, the princess started pacing back and forth. Her arms crossed around her chest. Her eyebrows furrowed as she kept biting her lip.

Princess, if you may please calm down.” Pleaded by an old woman, Beline, as she tried to get ahold of Jisoo. At her age, seventy, watching the princess paced back and forth was nausea.

“I cannot shake this bad feeling. Jisoo's eyes roamed around her room, looking for something.

“Maybe it’s just the effect of the storm on you. Here, drink this.” Beline handed her a cup of warm chocolate milk. As the princess drink, her phone, which was resting on top of the dresser, caught her attention. Grabbing it, she immediately dialed her mother's number.

*kriiing kriiing*

“Hi, sweetheart. You are calling me for what reason? Is something wrong?” Sachzna inquired. A bit worried for it was the first time her daughter called her since she was the one who usually calls to check on her.

Clearing her throat, Jisoo said. Are you and father doing okay?

Yes, of course, sweetheart. Do not worry, everything is fine.” Sachzna assured. A smile appeared on her face when she heard her daughter sighed in relief, thinking her daughter was missing them for the first time. “Sweetheart, I need to go. Don’t worry about us. We will come home as soon as we can. Love you.” then she hung up.

The uneasy feeling didn't diminish, but at least she knew that her parents were doing fine. Then suddenly, it hit her.

“Dead cat... Dung! Cat-like eyes.” Jisoo mumbled to herself. She needed to talk to Jennie, but the problem was, the brunette doesn't have a phone and too stubborn to accept one. Leaving the princess with one choice, she fixed herself in hurry. I’m going out.

Beline was alarmed at what the princess had just uttered. Everyone knew that she's not allowed to go anywhere without her father's consent and also, a thunderstorm has been sowing terror outside, making it more dangerous.

Running out in urgency, the roar of thunder flashing lights in the sky, surprised her, forcing her to close her eyes for a second.

“HOLD ON PRINCESS! YOU CAN’T–” Beline gasped. She's way too old to be running after an energetic young adult.

“NEED NOT TO WORRY, BELINE! I’LL BE FINE!” The princess was well aware of the danger lying outside the mansion's wall. But her worries will not let her sleep anyway so mind as well do what she wants. She had all the right to worry since when Jennie leaves, she always comes back after three hours but today, she's been gone for almost a day. In addition to that, Jisoo knew how the thunders scare the shit out of the brunette so she needed to make sure she's still alive.

Jisoo sprinted as fast as she could, avoiding the guards that were chasing her. This scenario made her realized there were a lot of people around her yet why does she feel empty?

“PRINCESS! PLEASE STOP RUNNING!” The guard shouted as the gap between them and Jisoo widened. Who would have thought that Usain Bolt's blood was running on Jisoo's veins?

Hopping over the wall. The dark road greeted Jisoo with never-ending lightning bolts dancing in the background. Her destination was just at the border of the city, not that far from the mansion if she uses a car, but heck, she will be needing to run under the heavy rain. Jisoo knew where to find Jennie's house because she snuck out of the mansion thrice to visit the brunette's mother a few years ago.

Not minding how soaked she was, she kept running and running and running. After a while, she stopped to catch her breath and decided to just walk as she's nearing her destination, and the guards lost her already. Her heart was beating fast, not only due to fatigue but also because she was anxious.

Seeing the rusty metal arch, Jisoo knew it was the right place. Only three lampposts were lighting the path, one of them was flickering. The whole village seemed deserted, but there's prickling on the back of her neck, or it was just her paranoia? Brushing the weird feeling off, the princess continued her way, stopping in front of a wooden house. Relying on the lampposts as the source of light, she noticed that the door was ajar. Her two-toned legs began moving like it has a brain of its own.

Pushing her way in, a figure sitting on a chair, welcomed her. “Jennie...” She was tied and has a blindfold on. Her hair was a mess. Piece of cloth clenched between her teeth as she whimpered for help. Such a pity sight.

The purple-haired princess zoomed towards the brunette, removing the piece of cloth inside her mouth before sliding the blindfold up. Upon laying her eyes on the person that came to save her, Jennie's eyes widened.

P-princess, lea–Jennie didn't finish what she was about to say because a man suddenly appeared, hitting the back of Jisoo's head using a gun. She immediately fell unconscious.

PLEASE! NOOO! STOP!” Jennie begged, crying those tears since the time she was captured made her voice hoarse and cracky. “LE–” Before she can make another sound, the man gave her a blow on the back of her head. However, before unconscious devours her, she heard, “We caught the big shark HAHAHAHA!”