Chapter 43: The Hunt

The police lost sight of the motorcycle when the rider entered the forest. And due to the narrow road, the police car cannot infiltrate the area. Punching the steering wheel in frustration, the policewoman reversed the car and started driving away.

*static*

Sir Jungkook, The policewoman, who was sitting on the shotgun seat, spoke through the Uniden SDS100 Police Scanner.

Officer Son, are you able to catch the rider? Jungkook questioned.

No, sir. He entered the forest. We lost visual... He seems familiar with the way. Officer Son Chaeyoung replied.

Forest... Deym! I knew it. Thank you, officer Son. You and officer Shon can come back now. Finally, there has been a lead. Now, they can make a move.

=====
*kriiing kriiing*

Officer Jeon. Limario acknowledged as soon as she answered the call.

“The man that followed you went to the forest, Jungkook informed. “My guess is they have a hideout somewhere there... So, what’s your plan?”

We will discuss it with you later. We’ll be at the station in an hour. Let’s find that asshole and put an end to this. Then they ended the call.

Right after talking to Jungkook, Limario called her closest friend.

*kriiing kriiing*

Hello, Momo. Can I ask you a favor again? Limario asked, politely.

“Of course. Anything for our dear commander. Momo replied. Her background was a bit bustling, a mixture of voices, shuffling papers, and footsteps.

“Oh, are you working? I’m sorry, I’m such a disturbance.” Limario bit her lower lip.

“Yes, you are. But anyway, my shift’s ending so it’s okay. Hmm, what can I do for you?”

Limario smiled. She's not an expressive person but she really does cherish her friends. “I’d like you to guard the two ladies again here in our condo unit.

Okay. Not a problem. I’ll just finish something and I’ll see you in twenty. Momo ended the call.

Limario moved upstairs. She told her sister to prepare since they're going to the station.

=====
Are you leaving? Jennie inquired.

Yeah. We have to stay at the station. I am not sure how long but don’t worry Momo will come and guard you here so you will be safe. Limario reassured.

But your wound is still fresh. Jennie argued.

Limario walked towards the brunette, cupping her face with one hand. I will be fine. Chaengie and Jungkook will be there with me so dont worry too much. Kissing her temple, she went back to the bed, tucking the last pair of clothes inside the bag and zipping it close.