Chapter 7: Panic

Taehyung's POV

Not so long ago, I received a call from Lola granny, Jisoo's nanny. She told me that the princess has finally gone mad.

‘What was she thinking?’ That's my first thought, followed by worry and annoyance because who on their mind, will go out on a stormy night like this?

Ending the call, I quickly changed my clothes, grabbed my car key, and sprinted out of the castle. Upon passing by a guard, I absent-mindedly grabbed the gun that was tucked into his holster. “I need to borrow this.”

“Okay, sir.” He bowed to me.

Entering my car, I sped out of the portcullis. Thick visible aerosol suspended in the air, blinded me. The lampposts weren't a big help like it used to be. There was muddy liquid gushing on the road, making it slippery. Appeared to me, a flood will occur if the rain will not end its misery.

I have turned my brain upside down but to my dismay, her whereabouts remained a mystery. Not knowing what else to do, I've come to my last resort— her mother. If anyone would know, it must be her.

Hello, sorry prince–” Sachzna started but I cut her off.

“Do you have any idea where Jisoo could have gone to? She’s missing.”

“SHE WHAT?! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?! I WAS JUST TALKING TO HER A–Sachzna panicked. I can hear Teagan's voice in the background, looked like he didn't know either.

Mrs. Kim, please calm yourself down... It seems that you do not know your daughter’s whereabouts so I’ll be in contact with the police then. I promise to get her home safely.” I may sound calm but inside, I was freaking out. Who wouldn't? This world can sometimes turn into such a dangerous place to be.

Please prince Taehyung, find Jisoo... I beg of you. W-we can’t go home yet... They– We are being threatened... Please, protect my daughter at all cost. Sachzna cried. For the first time, I stopped wondering whether she truly loves her or just see her as an asset. Well, Jisoo's parents weren't the best. I know they hated her for losing half of their riches but Jisoo must not be blamed for it. She was young, seeking the attention of her parents that she found on someone else, not aware that he will take advantage of her desire. She was innocent yet punished by the people she longed for— her parents.

“With all due respect, can you elaborate? What threats are you talking about? When did it start? And why didnt you tell the police?” I questioned, curiosity got the best of me. My instinct tells me that it has something to do with Jisoo's mansion break because the princess I know will never violate Teagan's golden rules.

Silence. For a few minutes, I didn't hear anything from the other line. “Oh, I apologize. You do not owe me an explanation, Mrs. Kim.”

“No, it’s okay... Maybe it’s time to stop masking the truth... The threats begin when the royal wedding was publicized. We didn’t put much attention to it because we thought there’s nothing to worry about but it proceeded for years until to this day... Honestly, we went here to the Philippines, not because of a business trip but by Mr. Y’s order... He keeps sabotaging our company. If it goes on, we will lose everything.”

“Who is Mr.Y?” I asked.

“Not sure but we already have an idea. We just need concrete evidence. Luckily, he called earlier asking Teagan to meet him at an abandoned house in Manila and bring him one hundred million cash.” Sachzna explained. Such an overwhelming tale.