Chapter 31: How?

Chaeng's POV

Today, I begged the doctor to set me free. No, not because I'm scared of hospital ghosts but because I despised the building itself. Well, long story short, it reminded me of my abusive father for so many reasons.

*kriiing kriiing*

Lisa's phone started ringing.

Lisa, your phone! Although I'm quite sure she can hear it, I still notified her.

“ANSWER IT DUMBASS! I’M TAKING A DUMP!” She spat. Geez. She really has attitude problem. No wonder she's single.

‘Ha, look who’s talking.’ My subconscious let out. Rolling my eyes, I picked the phone and answered the call. Hello? This is Chaeyoung. You are on speaker so speak up.

Hey, it’s me Taehyung. By the way, how are you feeling Chae? Taehyung inquired.

I lowered the volume of the television. “I’m doing great but you know, still have this hole in my leg that prevents me from walking on my own.

“Guess I’ll consider sticking on the good part... Anyway, I would like to offer you another job, The tone of his voice suddenly shifted in a deep serious eerie tone. It was like he suddenly decided to ruin someone's life for the next three generations.

My sister opened the bathroom door slightly before yelling, WHAT KIND OF JOB SIR?! IF IT’S STRIPPING, THE ANSWER IS NO!” She replied in the same intensity.

The nasty stinky smell of Lisa's poop infested my nose so I eyed her and faked a vomit. Gosh, it was literally a disgusting shit.

Don’t worry, I wouldn’t like you stripping for me. That will not only ruin my image but it will haunt me to death... Anyway, the princess received a dead–” He didn't finish because I cut him off.

IS SHE OKAY?! HOW DID IT HAPPEN?! DO THEY KNOW WHO–” I was also cut off.

Breath, agent. The important thing is that the princess is okay... I’m planning on picking you two so we can go to the mansion together and discuss my offer over a cup of tea or beer, is that alright guys? He inquired. I looked at Lisa and she nodded at me.

Okay, no problem. We are just waiting for my test result and you will be here by then for sure. See you~” I replied before I ended the call.

=====
After thirty minutes, the result came and I just signed some papers since I'm still not supposed to be discharged yet. Lisa already fixed my things and got me in a wheelchair so I can relax. And before we went to the lobby, we excused ourselves to the gang. Lisa also left her car key to Momo so they can use it in the meantime.

“Greetings ladies.” The prince, who stood so handsomely outside the hospital lobby, greeted.

Woah~ Koenigsegg Gemera. You cool man!” Lisa exclaimed. She was scanning the car as she helped me enter.

Haha~ thanks. It’s my dream car. He leaned on it with a smug grin on his face. “Didn’t know your taste is this good...” Looked like my sister has finally found a male version of herself. Great.

On our way to the mansion, the two kept talking about cars. I'm no expert but shouldn't we be talking about something else? Something more important than sports cars that cost millions of dollars... Like life, I guess?

*beep beep*

The gate slid open. Guards saluting as the car passed them by. The prince drove to the front porch, only halting when he almost hit a bush.

Welcome to the humble abode of the Kim family.” A guard opened the car door for us. Lisa assembled the wheelchair while prince Taehyung helped me out.

“Thank you,” I said.

As soon as we entered the mansion, the princess came running towards the prince, burying herself on the narrow of the knight in shining armor of hers. Her tantalizing eyes were swollen and she has this tired look on her face, but she still looked wonderful in my opinion.

‘What am I feeling?’ I placed my hand on my chest, trying to understand the weird throbbing of my weird heart, but I couldn't comprehend. “Help me.” I asked Lisa for support because, for some unknown reason, I wanted to stand up.

When my feet were pinned on the ground, the princess has finally noticed my presence. Our eyes met and what happened next, surprised all of us. My first guess was that Santa has concluded it was time to take my name off of the naughty list or it's the effect of me saving the world in my past life, not sure anymore. However, what I'm certain about was that this gorgeous princess has decided to make my world stopped revolving. Deym! Who would have thought that she can stop the time? Or was it just because this was a fairytale? Beats me.

One, two, three. Then it hits me making my eyes so big I felt like it was going to pop out. ‘HOLY SHIT! THE PRINCESS IS KISSING ME!!’

It wasn't a meaningless kiss because she kissed me like she didn't care that people were watching. She kissed like she found the security she needed in me. She kissed me as if she missed me. She kissed me like she has feelings for me— No one dared to move until she pulled away and leaned on my chest as she cried more tears.

Lisa's arm that was supporting me was gone and the timing was bad because the princess suddenly collapsed.

Shit!” I cursed because I am not yet strong enough to catch her so we both fell on the floor.

Prince Taehyung carried the princess to her room while Lisa helped me to get there as well.

The prince laid her down. I took a sit on the bed and touched Jisoo's forehead. She’s burning.” Now I know why her lips were hot.

I will prepare cold water and a towel.” Jennie went to the bathroom.

“Excuse us. Prince Taehyung uttered then pulled my sister out of the room.

Jennie came back but left immediately after she put the bucket of cold water and towel on the bedside table.

Sighing, I started dabbing the cold towel on her face and arms. I also changed her clothes into pajamas.

With her eyes shut, she mumbled, I love you Rosé...”

My heart raced once again. My ears weren't playing games on me, right? Or am I being really really delusional at this moment?

“Oh gosh~ I love you too...” I stayed with her, looking at her sleeping face. She looked like an angel and it pleased me. I can watch her all day.