Chapter 23: Treated Wounds and Confused Heart

Chaeng's POV

We arrived at the nearest hospital. Putting me in the wheelchair, a nurse asked what happened. What Lisa had told them was that Seulgi and I were both victims of arguing gone wrong— A drunk man going berserk, so they will not further question us.

Jisoo has been holding my hand since I don't know when and Lisa's been eyeing me in a teasing manner since then. I swear, if I could then I would erase that smirk on her face.

Maam, you have to stay here.” A nurse told Jisoo. And just like that, she let go of my hand. Losing her touch made me feel incomplete. It was weird, really weird.

When I'm settled on the hospital bed, the doctor injected me with anesthesia and the rest was history...

=====
When I woke up, I was in a white room. The bed started lifting in an upward position so now, I was like sitting on the bed.

Finally, you are awake. Your long legs are not good at sliding sister,” A sarcastic annoying voice welcomed me. maybe try sliding something else.” Lisa wiggled her eyebrows up and down while smiling like an idiot.

The princess was sitting on the other side of the bed, holding my hand once again, and gently rubbing it with her thumb. I glanced at her face for a few seconds and noticed that her wounds had been treated.

“Stop being a pervert,” I replied, slapping Lisa's arm. I cannot believe this bitch, she's embarrassing me in front of the princess.

“Fine~... Anyway, I’m going to see the others. Seulgi’s critical. Lisa walked to the door, but before she got out, she looked at me with a cringey grin on her face. Be careful on sliding your short leg. Then she's gone.

What the– Was that for real?! Aware that my face was red, I slowly peeked at Jisoo, only to see her face was pale. “Uh, hey, you okay?” Me holding her hand this time.

Y-yes. Yes, of course.She responded.

Don’t mind Lisa. She’s the epitome of perversion. I explained. But in reality, we both were. Teehee.

There was a moment of silence. We're just staring at each other. Gosh, this girl really has a magnificent face. Her eyes will make anyone go crazy. A cute pointy nose and alluring lips. Swallowing hard, I absent-mindedly bit my lower lip. ‘What the heck are you trying to do?’ I know wanting her was wrong. It was wrong for so many reasons and one of them was because she has her prince already. But just one time, can I? And even if I can't, it was too late. I lost control. All I had in mind was to seize this moment with her. ‘FOR PETE'S SAKE PARK CHAEYOUNG, DON'T LOSE YOUR SANITY!’ My subconscious scolded me.

However, just like what I've said. It was too late. My lips had met hers. Fireworks exploded in the background. Kissing her made my world stopped revolving. Why does this feel right? And good? And... and surreal? Even though it was a huge mistake.

When she didn't push me away, I started moving and she followed. I kissed her with all the passion and gentleness I have in my body, treating her as if she's a fragile glass.

I felt myself getting hard so I cupped her face to deepen the kiss, gently biting her lower lip before my tongue sought entrance that she gladly allowed. Roaming my tongue inside, tasting every part of her mouth made her moan. Hmm~”

When I pulled away, we were both panting like we did run a marathon, but I didn't stop there. Trailing kisses to her jawline, down on her neck, and two more feather kisses back on her lips got me satisfied.

Without saying a word, I moved a bit and laid her beside me. Wrapping my arms around her, I pulled her into a hug. Her head resting on my chest while I played with her hair.

*sniffle sniffle*

I immediately lifted her face. She was indeed shedding some tears. ‘You maniac! Look, you made the princess cry!’ My subconscious scolded me for the nth time. I-I’m s-sorry. Please, please stop crying.”

I felt bad. The first thing that came to my mind was that maybe she didn't like the kiss and was just forced to respond. Stupid me, I know. Of course, she didn’t like it, she already has her prince-charming.

Sorry, for–” I didn't finish because she buried her face on the crook of my neck. Her nose tickled me a little. I sensed that it was time to give her a moment and so I did shut my mouth but kept brushing her hair to comfort her, letting her cry until I felt the heaviness of her body indicating that she already fell asleep.

================================
Nayeon's POV

Momo and the brunette went out to buy food for us. The doctor was currently busy removing the bullet inside Seulgi's body. Earlier, a nurse notified us that Seulgi was in critical condition so I've been pacing back and forth outside the operating room since then.

I'm mad at myself because I wasn't able to protect the person who I considered my family.

Yeon, relax.” Someone patted my shoulder. I turned to see who it was, but I didn't say anything. It's not that I don't want to, however, I can't because I know that once I open my mouth, I am going to breakdown. It’s okay to cry. That will not make you weak.” Upon hearing those words, it's like my signal. Tightly embracing her, I cried. Shhhh~ Everything’s going to be alright. She’s strong.” She drew soothing circles on my back.

My tears just continuously rolled down my cheeks. I'm not saying anything nor moving. Thankfully, she just let me hug her for I don't know how long. I released her when I somehow felt okay. Thank you, Lisa. I wiped my tears dry.

We’re family, Yeon. I’m here for you.” She flashed me an assuring smile so I nodded.

After a while of feeling worried-sick and anxious, the doctor came out of the operating room.

Who is the patient’s family?” He questioned, removing his face mask.

Us, doc.I hurriedly walked towards him.

She’s fine now. We almost lost her twice, but she fought for her life. She kept calling Nayeon when she was able to regain her consciousness. I believe that’s what gave her strength.” The doctor stated. “Anyway, we’re transferring her to the recovery room now.Then he excused himself.

“Wait, doc. Can we request her to be transferred next to Park Chaeyoung’s room?Lisa asked.

Sure, ma’am. That’ll be no problem. Please excuse me.” The doctor bowed his head and left.

I stood still, processing what the doctor had told us. Not sure what shocked me the most. Was it the fact that she almost died twice? Or the one where she kept calling my name as she fought for her life?