Chapter 24: Not a stranger anymore

Jennie's POV

After that kiss, we haven't got a chance to talk since earlier, everyone was in a state of panic inside the van on our way to the hospital. Two of them have been shot and one of them had almost flatlined.

When we arrived, they were immediately assisted and sent to the emergency room. Princess Jisoo and that blonde have been holding the hands of the redhead so I was left alone or so I thought.

“Ahem. Hi~ Jennie, right?” She extended her hand.

Ah yes, thats right. And you are?” I shook her hand.

Momo. That ugly bunny is Nayeon, the critical one is Seulgi, the redhead is Chaeng, and the blonde is Lisa.” She introduced one by one.

Ohh so she's Lisa... I thought it's Limario? ‘Geez, Jennie! You kiss her without even knowing her real name.’ If my subconscious can roll an eye, I'm quite sure that it will, maybe a thousand times.

Come, let’s grab something to fill our stomach. I am sure we’re all hungry,Momo rubbed her stomach. Limario! We’re buying food!” Then pulled me out of the hospital. Before we reach the exit, she placed her cap on my head.

A few blocks from the hospital, we found a café-restaurant. Entering, she excitedly scanned the menu. “Look at that, so many choices.” Momo let go of my wrist when she noticed that I was staring at it. “Oh sorry~ Anyway, what do you like?” Momo asked as she looked at the menu again.

Can... can you please order chicken for the princess?” I requested. For sure Jisoo misses the chicken already since all we ate there was the egg.

Of course.” She smiled at me. However, why did she even bothered asking if she will order almost all the food listed on the menu?

Currently sitting at the table, we waited for our take-out. They beat you so bad, huh? Momo suddenly blurted out. I just flashed her a weak smile. It's really bad. I have bandages and bruises almost all over my body. Oh, by the way, I am sorry that Nayeon and I werent able to hold off all the escaping goons including their leader. But for sure, our commander will get that man back.

“Commander?” I curiously asked.

Lisa, she’s the commander. Chaeng is the captain. They are both undercover agents but got promoted since they are one-of-a-kind.” She explained, proud like a mother. I just nodded again. To be honest, I was not familiar with having someone aside from the princess so I felt a bit— fine, so awkward at the moment, plus I am still scared because the bad guy was still out there somewhere and my paranoia was preventing me to make a friendly conversation. “Hey, stop worrying too much. Our leader Lisa and her sister, Chaeng, are the best agents so you don’t have to stress yourself at all. Also, the rest of us will protect you and the princess so you’ll be alright, I promise.”

Thank you.” I smiled. Somewhat, I was able to relax. It was great knowing that some people got my back. Momo was very nice. She's kind of talkative for a stranger, but she's not the annoying type.

She continued conversing with me and asking questions about me and the princess. And even though I only replied with either a nod or a short answer, it seemed fine with her.

After almost sixty minutes, all the food she ordered was handed to her. I'm not sure how many containers there were, but it goes with three eco-bags so I'm guessing it's a lot.

“Keep the cap on. You need to lay low until that ugly duckling is arrested.” She demanded. I immediately complied then we walked back to the hospital.

When we reached the hospital, we saw Lisa and Nayeon talking to the doctor. Momo immediately ran towards them, leaving me behind so I decided to find the princess so we can eat together and I am hundred percent sure that she's with the redhead.

Uh, excuse me. Can I ask where is the room of the patient name Chaeng? The redhead that has been shot on the leg.” I described it because I don't know her full name. Of all things, it was what I forgot to ask.

Sorry ma’am, but there’s no Chaeng on our record... Ohh, do you mean Park Chaeyoung?” The front desk nurse, Dahyun, asked. Chuckling at my dumbness.

Y-yes,I answered, unsure.

Room sixteen on the second floor.” Nurse Dahyun stated.

Thank you.” I bowed my head. Hurrying to the elevator, it opened immediately. I pressed the button with number two on it.

*ding*

The elevator arrived on the second floor. I went out, started searching for the room.

Thirteen...

Fourteen...

Fifteen...

And sixteen. I slowly opened the door because first of all, I am not sure about the patient's name maybe this was a different patient, and second I don't want to disturb her if ever she's sleeping or something.

As the door swung open, my eyes widened. Who wouldn't? The two gorgeous angels were cuddling in each other's arms while in a deep slumber. They both looked peaceful and relax, but that's not the princess I know. ‘You got the nerve to judge, huh.’

All of a sudden, I felt hands snaking around my waist. I was about to protest but it whispered, Hey, we can talk now.” I froze when her breath brushed through my ear. There's something about her that weakens my body. Please, stop judging me.