Chapter 52: Wedding

Jisoo's POV

The last time I saw my Rosé was a few months ago. I sneaked out to see her when Jennie told me that she's throwing her life away. Gosh, I miss her so much. I can't stop worrying about her but I can't do anything about it.

The press was always bugging and following me and Taehyung. One wrong move and we were the news.

Today was the day. I have to marry the prince of Korea. I cannot believe how fast the day passed by.

Are you ready Princess? The prince is already waiting at the church. My mother stated. I didn't say a word instead I walked towards her. She held my hand as we made our way to the Limousine that was parked outside the gate. As the cameras flashed, my mind can only think of her— Rosé.

I didn't want any of this but I have to endure everything for the sake of my parents— my mother to be exact. Taehyung told me that he's filing a divorce after a year. However, my father told him that he'll make me and the person I love miserable if he do that. So, we really have no choice, do we?

You’ll be fine.” Jennie gave me a reassuring smile. However, the diamond ring on her finger caught my attention, it was sparkling. I was quite sad that I wasn't able to witness the proposal yesterday because this wedding was adjusted once again. Everything changed in just a blink of an eye. Me... Taehyung... Everyone.

Jennie's always with her now-fiancé so I rarely see her. I felt alone, lost, but I can't complain. I don't have the right to say anything. They have their own life and I'm stuck with mine.

We’ve arrived.” I didn't notice that we're already at the church if the driver haven't spoken. The church...

‘This is it.’ My freedom's gone. I'll be fulfilling a duty I'm not ready to fill. And to my dismay, our parents wanted to have grandchildren as soon as possible.

“Come on. Hurry up.” My father urged.

The church doors were closed. I'm standing here with both of my parents, forcing myself to smile as genuinely as possible for the cameras.

*wedding song*

The song started to play as the door slid open. With heavy feet, we started walking down the aisle. Step by step, Taehyung's face became clearer but my tears began streaming down my face. It's my wedding and I should be happy but I can't... He's not the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

We stopped. Taehyung has an unreadable expression on his face. Take care of our princess.” My father said before they took their seats.

The ceremony started. I felt numb. The priest did his thing. Taehyung said his vow. As I watched the ring slid on my finger, a lot of thoughts came to my mind. “It’s your turn.” Taehyung uttered. I spoke my short vow and put the ring on his finger. It's final. I'm his wife.

You may now kiss the bride.Something told me to look at the entrance so I did. And there, I saw the person I hoped was standing before me. But she was there, standing from afar, just watching me.

Why didn't you stop the wedding? Why didn't you fight for me? Why didn't you kidnap me and run away? Those were the questions I wanted to ask her but I know I don't have the right because I didn't do anything as well.

We were both crying. I want to run to her and kiss her tears away but then again, I can't. I'm afraid that she'll be miserable because of me. I'm scared that she'll hate me that's why I kept the pain to myself.