1:

Cameron

Goddamit.

There's nothing I hate more than people interrupting my peace and quiet when I'm playing fucking pinball in the arcade.

It's summer for christ's sake! can't they get off my back just this once?

Look, I wouldn't even be here outside kung mayroon lang ako na pinball machine sa bahay namin.

I was already owning Terminator 2 tapos bigla na lang nag ring yung phone ko which messed up my concentration.

I slammed a fist in my thigh.

That hurt.

I was not expecting the pain that came after that action.

It was stupid.Hindi ko inaakala na sobra akong maiinis ngayong araw na ito.

Still, it was a bad decision, hitting my thigh like that.

My thigh is sore, nonetheless.

Kinuha ko yung phone ko sa tabi and answered the call from my Mom.

" Cameron! Nasaan ka?! "

Nilayo ko yung phone sa tainga ko dahil sa lakas ng boses niya.

Why does she always have to talk like I'm in the other side of town?

Well, technically I am, but it must be tiring to strain her voice like that.

" What do you need, Mom? " naiinis kong sagot sa kaniya. Mas lalo pang naka dagdag ng init sa ulo ko yung naka display na words dun sa machine na high score, which is not mine, unfortunately.

It was an insult for me as a lover of pinball games.

" Go home already ! kung saan lupalop ka na  naman! You're cousin is already here! "

I could hear engine noises at yung mga idle chatter ng mga tao sa paligid.

They sound busy and I don't want to be around the house when things are like that in my house.

" Do I really have to? Can't you just give her a room or something and it would be over? Bakit kailangan pa ang participation ko diyan? " I tried to reason out to her but as i did, I could have sworn that I visualize Mom's angry face. A vein popping out of her forehead as a result for being so high strung all the time.

" Cameron! Come home immediately! Do you think I'll tolerate that behaviour of yours?! Umuwi ka dito para makilala mo yung pinsan mo ! "

She dropped the call. Goddamit, I'm supposed to be the one to hung up first.

Lucia

For some unfortunate reasons, I have to stay in my Mom's sister's house.

I think I met my tita a few times when I was a kid but i never met her daughter who's just around my age.

I never met her. Not even during family reunions.

See, I don't want to live here. Gusto ko sa dati namin na bahay even though malayo siya sa school na papasukan ko at mas malapit itong bahay nila tita.

Tita is a nice woman pero I don't think I'll get along with their daughter.

It's just a gut feeling. Pero ganun talaga yung nararamdaman ko simula nung una.

I mean let's be realistic here, okay? We are both teenagers in the middle of adolescence. This will be the first time that we're going to meet each other and the fact that I will start living here with her and considering the fat chance that she will be territorial to her home turf because she's been the only kid in this house since i came along.

It's basic ecological interaction. Think about it.

After I arrived from their house, Tita toured me around. She showed me where my room is, which is in the second floor, across from their daughter's.

Their house is really nice and it reminds me of my home pero pag dating ko sa may dining area nila may nakita akong bagay na sumuporta sa gut feeling na nararamdaman ko regarding my soon to be relationship with my cousin.

There's a smashed box of fruit loops tapos may unfinished bowl pa na katabi ito.

Who did this?

A five year old?

Tita hurried to the mess at mabilis na inayos ito.

" I'm sorry you have to see that Lucia. Cameron's just a little bit cranky this morning. " she apologized and ushered me back to the living room.

I'm not going to lie. I could see myself living here with Tita but living with a 17 year old who still seems to throw tantrums?

I think the fuck not.

And lo and behold, here comes the cousin I never met and seen before.

A fair skinned girl with black shoulder length hair with a scowl in her face was now standing in front of the door, facing me.

Our eyes locked together.

I was observing her and so she was.

She does not look happy to see me at all.

Well, the feeling is mutual but she's being plain rude.

" Mabuti naman at naisipan mong umuwi, Cameron! " Tita gestured her to come forward and I could have sworn that she rolled her eyes at me.

" Come and meet your cousin! She will be living with us from now on. "

There's something about her that tells me that she has a bad personality.

Is it because of her face?

Is it because of the circumstances of living with her that I have to put up with?

Whatever it is, I don't feel like I'm going to be fond of her.

But alas, I am girl with great manners. Kung kailangan kong makipag plastikan sa babaeng ito, I'll do it. Para hindi nakakahiya kay Tita.

I extended my hand towards her and this girl just looked at my hands with plain curiosity.

Naiinis ako. She's pretty damn lucky that she will get to hold my hand. Madaming gustong humawak nito pero they are not fortunate enough to do so.

This is a privilege! So ungrateful !

Tita nudged her and Cameron seemed to pick up and shook my hand.

Our eyes met at masasabi ko na hindi niya ako gusto.

" Hi, I'm Lucia. I'll be living here with you and tita. " I forced every muscle in my face to muster a smile pero it's hard when the person you're talking to has a face of a stone.

" Cameron. " she nodded her head once and took back her hand immediately.

Bigla na lang siyang tumalikod sa amin at naglakad papuntang hagdanan.

Tita kept on calling her but she didn't even bothered to look or answer back.

Ang bastos naman niyang anak.

What's up with her anyway? Para siyang bata na may attitude problems.

I heard tita sighed sa tabi ko. Napailing na lang siya as she smiled apologetically to me.

" Lucia, pag pasensyahan mo na lang si Cameron, ha? She's a bit difficult to be with pero I hope you girls could get along? "

" Of course, tita! Don't worry po, I know she'll eventually open up to me. "

I highly doubt that. I can't see myself getting along with her.

But what can i do? I have no choice but to live here.

I swear to god. My gut feeling is always right.