49:

Lucia

I remembered the first time I met Chihiro and how we became friends.

It was the first day of school, and obviously, I was the prettiest girl in our class kaya naman girls and boys were flocking around my table asking for my name and inviting me to hang out with their friend groups and such.

See, tuwing first day of class, makikita mo na agad kung saan magfafall under ang mga students sa mga stereotypes such as; jocks, nerds, geeks, gamers and etc.. Everyone is trying so hard to be seen as different but at the same time, they want the same people just like them to be their friends.

And unfortunately for my classmates, I don't like the school hierarchy. I find it stupid.

I hate how people conform for others to fit in.

Kaya naman the fact na pinagkakaguluhan ako ng mga tao sa table ko made me lose my respect for these people. I know that having friends is essential, but if the people around me tries so hard to be cool that they lose the sense of what friendship truly is then, I don't want their friendship.

The table next to me happens to be Chihiro's. And just like me, she had a similar situation going on.

From the looks of it, the people on her table were asking her about upcoming social gatherings and dinner parties. I instantly knew that Chihiro came from a very important family because she was held in to such high ground by these our classmates.

I got curious, so I looked at her direction. Our eyes met and BOOM! There was a connection between us.

The both of us stood up from our seat and went to the comfort room to escape from being suffocated by our classmates. When we finally lose them at our tail, we gave each other a second look. I didn't know what gotten in to her head when she made a wacky face. Chihiro is a pretty girl and I don't know where she's hiding that ugly face.

My prim and proper demeanour facade vanished instantly as we laughed till i had my head under the sink and Chihiro dying on the floor.

From that moment, I know that I want to be friends with her.

We share the same interest on fashion and the pleasure of dissing annoying people. It all started from those two similarities and eventually we became best friends.

Not so many people knows about this but underneath Chihiro's sweet and bubbly persona, she is actually very cunning and opportunistic. I mean, what do you expect from a politician's daughter, am i right?

But despite her good and bad sides, what I love about her, is that she listens to me. You know how some people listens but never tries to understand where you're coming from? That's not what Chihiro is like.

Kahit na magreklamo lang ako sa kaniya dati sa mga taong nanggugulo sa akin sa school, specifically the guys who were asking me out, hindi siya nagsasawa na pakinggan ako. She was genuinely concerned for my wellbeing and hates the people who bothers me.

I really love her, so the fact that I'm leaving my best friend after this school year ends, breaks my heart.

I told her about that through text and I haven't gotten any reply from her. It's pouring outiside so hard kasi kaya hindi na ako pumunta sa bahay niya to tell her personally.Pero naseen niya na yung message ko. Bakit kaya hindi siya nagrereply? Ang pagkakaalam ko mas nauna siya umuwi sa akin galing Switzerland.

Is she mad?

My phone just notified me that Chihiro sent me a text. I opened it immediately.