16:

Cameron

" It's okay, Mom. You should go. "

" Pero anak how could I when you're this sick? I'm worried about you, you know ? I'll cancel my meetings so that I can take care of you. "

I just burrowed my face deep in my fucking pillow. We've been over these for like 5 times already. Malalate siya sa ganitong lagay.

Ang hirap makipag usap sa kaniya when I don't feel good. Nawawalan ako ng mga good arguments na puwede ko gamitin sa kaniya.

Umupo ako sa kama ko to face her. When I was 8 years she told me that when you want something important to convey to someone you have to look at them eye to eye. Which is why I don't look at other people when I'm talking because I have nothing important to say to them.

Talking to my Mom was different, though.

" Mom, look, kung hindi ka pupunta sa meeting mo, you will be wasting all your clients' time. Malay mo they have something really important to attend to pero instead they went to the meeting because they are professionals who are making rational decisions and not... you know skipping work"

My Mom wrapped me with my blanket and fixed my hair that's probably all over my face.

" I am a Mom first before I became a CEO, Cameron. " she said

" You started working for your family's company when you're seventeen, Mom. I can take care of myself. I'm not even that sick. "

To be honest, I don't think I have a good relationship with my mother. Kung mabuti akong anak sa kaniya, hindi ko sana ginagawa yung mga bagay na ayaw niya. But despite that I'd choose Mom over that satan spawn of a father who basically disowned his family.

" Sometimes you really sound like him. " Mom pulled me in a hug. Sumakit yung ulo ko and heard that BZZT BZZT sound in my head.

He's not my father. I wanted to deny him to Mom pero mas lalo bumigat ang pakiramdam ko. Whenever Mom mentions him she would always look so sad. I hate that.

" Okay, I'll ask Yaya Dalia to check up on you, ha? Be sure to take your medicine and drink lots of water." she stood up from my bed and stretched the suit she was wearing.

Finally!

" Whatever. " i flopped back in to my bed and closed my eyes. I just want her to leave para makapag pahinga na ako.

" And don't sneak out! " she leaned forward and planted a kiss on my forehead. " Don't get unnecessary bruises again, Cameron. "

" Mom! For for pete's sake you're gonna be late! " Ang dami niyang sinasabi! Magkaparehas talaga silang dalawa ni Lucia

" I'm telling you Cameron, just stay in bed! Pag may nalaman na naman ako na kalokohan I'll take you car keys! "

" Geez, Mom! Get out! "

Lucia

Chihiro and I were walking together to the parking lot. Balak sana namin mag shopping because i really wanted to have Gucci 1955 horsebit shoulder bag while she would get the same one but with the snake print.

" I did'nt see Cameron around. Absent ba siya? " tanong sakin ni Chihiro.

I rolled my eyes at her. Way to ruin the mood, Chihiro. " I don't know. Am I my cousin's keeper? "

Actually this morning, I was trying to wake her up pero she's in this blob kinda form. Totally unmotivated than usual.

Tita also texted me that she would be going home for a bit kaya hinayaan ko na lang si Cameron para naman may private time silang dalawa.