54:

Cameron

I have always hated my birthday since I was a kid. I hated it not because my Mom is rarely there to celebrate with me, I've gotten used to it, really.

What I hated about it, except that it's freaking Valentines Day, is that i share the same birthday with my father.

It's like that gag of the century,see? The day I was born is the same day that Cailou also started breathing air.

It doesn't sit well with me when I have to share things with him.

Last day of exams na namin at gumising ako ng maaga to prepare my stuff. Minor subjects lang naman yung exams namin pero I'm trying to get passing grades kaya I've exerted more effort para na lang sa future ko.

Ugh. That sounds cheesy as fuck but I do start giving shit about college. Kinausap ko pa nga si Ms. Tolentino about future careers kahit na ayaw ko sa taong yun.

But she did get a boyfriend and she looked different. Hindi na siya mukhang basura, at least. Good for her.

I was going down the stairs and simultaneously wearing my Ralph Lauren sweatshirt and of course dahil sa pagmamadali ko, I slipped down the stairs and fell on my face.

Ugh. God it hurts! The universe hates me!

I picked up myself obviously, and went to the dining room to eat breakfast. Buti na lang immune na ako sa mga light accidents.

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAMERON!! "

Cue the confetti and everyone singing Happy birthday to me.

Alam ba nila na sobrang awkward habang kinakantahan ka ng happy birthday? You're just standing there waiting for the goddamn song to finish.

Not that I didn't appreciate Yaya Dalia's efforts every year for celebrating it with me. I smiled at them and went to my seat.

There's various food served on the table. Stack of pancakes, bacon, cereals, adobo and the likes...

Kumuha ako lahat ng putahe sa table at kumain. The people who works in our house joined me as well and greeted me a happy birthday.

My face feels tired from giving them smiles but I do feel happy that they remembered it.

" Well, Cameron you're 18 now you can get arrested, finally. "

She's here.

" Don't act like I'm gonna get arrested the moment i set foot outside. "

She nodded her head and sat next to me. " True, I don't want that, do I? "

I love how she have this playful smirk in her face right now. I want to touch her and stuff. Katulad nung nangyari nung isang araw, hindi ko namalayan na I hugged her out of the blue. My body just reacted on it's own.

Lucia is cute. Sometimes I want to put her inside my pocket.

She leaned to my ear and whispered. " Happy birthday, Cameron. "

That certainly gave me the chills.

" Mga hija, wag na kayong maharot diyan. Baka malate kayo. "

Seriously, Yaya Dalia? Do you really have to ruin the moment.

Lucia chuckled and went back to her seat but not after she gave me another look.

" Oh and Happy Valentines Day, Cameron. "

***

You've got to be kidding me.

Kakatapos lang ng exam namin tapos pinasok agad kami ng student council. They officiated the whole thing and told us to look underneath our seats to see the code given to us.