24:

(See Joe's photo above)

Lucia

I'm not in my element these past few days. Para akong nawalan ng gana sa mga pangaraw-araw kong ginagawa. Despite the sudden lack of interest about things, I still do well in my studies. It's the only thing that will stay unaffected despite my mood swings.

Education for me is very important. That's what I thought, at least.

Chihiro has been busy with cheerleader stuff lately. Kwento niya sa akin they were handling some serious and classified cases. Tinanong ko siya kung ano ba iyon but she said that it's got to do with the whole school property.

I did not ask her further. Whatever Koko and her cheer squad is up to is none of my business. But seriously, I hope she'd stop slaving Cameron over that incident. I don't get to talk to my cousin anymore because she always looks cranky when she gets home.

The poor girl wakes up too early to go pick her up in their house kasi iyon daw ang napagusapan ni Tita at ng Mom ni Koko. Kahit na parang gangster ang ugali ni Cameron, takot pa din siya mawalan ng privileges.

She's such a kid, honestly.

" Hey. "

I saw Joe standing at the front of the main gate of the house. He looked cool wearing their team's varsity jacket.

Lumabas ako ng bahay at nilapitan siya. He gave me long tight hug at may sumunod na iabot ang bouquet of roses.

" What's this for? " i asked him. I found myself smiling from his surprise. Joe's quite random. " Akala ko you guys have practice? "

" We do, pero it's just self practice. " He said. " I skipped because I'd rather be with you. "

Crap. Kinikilig ako.

We went inside the house at pumunta sa may living room. Yaya Dalia greeted Joe and gave us meryenda.

The one thing I really liked about Joe is that I can say things to him that i also tell to Chihiro. Usually kasi there are things you can tell to your friend but not your boyfriend and there are things you can tell you boyfriend but not to your friend.

In my case however, Joe is technically not my boyfriend for now, but still, the same logic applies.

He would listen to everything I have to say and the best part is that he would give useful advice if i needed one.

Things are just less awkward to him compared to the other guys who I dated who wanted nothing but to make out.

" Mukhang may problema ka. Care to share? " he pulled me closer and put his arms around my shoulders.

This feels comfortable. Parang ang tagal ko ng walang physical contact sa ibang tao.

" Actually, I have this one thing in my mind... "

" Sure, go ahead. "

" It's about Cameron, actually. "

He raised his eyebrow at me. Joe doesn't look convinced.

" I wonder if she's taking it well... You know, all the Koko related shit she have to deal with. "

" What makes you say that? "

" She had this tendency to bottle all her pent up aggression and I'm afraid that it may affect her negatively. "