30:

(See Bailey's photo above)

Lucia

" I need a Mimosa. "

Tumingin ako kay Chihiro ng may panghuhusga. Wala naman siyang naging reaksyon at tumingin lang sa malayo.

It was my turn to serve the ball. She saw it coming but Chihiro did not move her racket. Instead, she threw it and exited the court.

God. It's so hot outside.

Bakit ba namin naisipan ngayon maglaro ng tennis? Global warming is real and we're suffering the consequences.

I woke up with Chihiro calling me to go to the exclusive country club we have membership of. She wants to play tennis some balls she said. Oh my god, it was so early for her dirty jokes.

I went to my ball girl and took the towel and water bottle she was offering.

" Nice game, Ma'am! " she said with too much enthusiasm. Hmm. I envy the joy she was exuding. Kids these days are brimming with potential.

I'm 18 and i feel like i'm already having midlife crisis.

" We barely even played. It's too hot in here. " i told her. " How do you stomach this heat? "

" Nasanay lang po ako. I've been doing this job my entire life with my brother. "

Ha? Sobrang bata pa niya and she's working ever since? Isn't child labor a crime? What more kasama pa niya yung kuya niya.

" How old are you? " i asked her. Kinuha niya water bottle sa kamay ko. I started wiping off my sweat.

" 12 years old po! " she beamed.

Ah. She's so bright. Nakakasilaw.

" Tell you what. Since you're doing a great job I will tip you later. Make sure you talk to me bago kami umalis ha? "

" O-okay po! Thank you po! "

I gave her a small smile and crossed to the other side of the court. Chihiro was dusting off her tennis skirt and fixing her pony tail.

" Let's continue? " i asked her. She pursed her lips and took her racket.

" Later na lang siguro. Super hot kaya Lucia. You sure you don't want a drink? " Chihiro insisted. She's always been like this. Headstrong and gets whatever she wanted.

Sometimes I wonder if it's because her father was a politician kaya siya ganiyan.

I sighed in defeat. " Okay, let's head to the drinking bar. "

We had our drinks in the Lounge and ordered some food as well. Nag-uusap kami ni Chihiro tungkol sa mga nangyayari sa school namin. Like the upcoming game of the football club with another school this November at mga chismis na rin na lumalaganap sa school namin lalo na yung mga fake news na tungkol sa akin.

Give me a break. They always gossip behind you talaga if you're beautiful like me. I normally don't fight back to these allegations thrown towards me because I can't really be bothered but heck, the gossips were getting absurd every damn time.

" I heard from these one student in HUMMS na you're secretly dating these guy from the basket ball club, so it's like a three-way relationship with you, Joe and the other guy. " Chihiro took a bite from her salad. Halata mo sa mukha niya na hindi rin siya makapaniwala sa mga usap-usapan na nakinig niya.

" That's gross! " I said in disgust. I had to put a finger in my mouth to pretend i was gagging. " Why would they think that? And also I talk to people who talks to me, kasalanan ko ba na crush ako nung lalake na iyon? "