40:

Lucia

Our team ended up losing to the neighboring school. The game was neck to neck pero at the last 5 seconds of the game naka score yung kalaban namin.

Everyone was so frustrated, even I am too. See, the problem about your school losing, is after all the trash talking you've said to your opponent, you'd end up regretting because they won. Your sudden urge to brag is completely gone and you're just embarrassed.

At the end of the game, I had to go back to the field and shake hands with the mascot.

" Nice game. " said the eagle cheerleader.

" Congratulations. " i received her wings and shook it with my paw. " Ang init sa loob ng costume, no? "

" Tell me about it. I've been doing this ever since I was in 7th grade. "

What? That's so sad! Imagine being stuck there for like 5 years. We departed ways and I went back to our side.

Hinanap ko si Cameron sa paligid pero mahihirapan akong makita siya dahil nagsi-aalisan na yung mga tao.

If my eyes were not fooling me, she must have been drunk when she came here. That's against the school rules! If any teacher caught her baka masuspend pa siya sa ginagawa niya.

But still, why is she drinking? She never gets drunk. Mahilig lang siyang kumain at makipag-away, but Cameron is never the type of person to be under the influence of alcohol.

Is it because what happened between us earlier?

My chest tightens from that thought. She was the one who's at fault, but why is the thought of her hurt because of me hurts me more?

I have to find her.

***

Bakit pag may hinahanap ka na tao hindi mo agad nakikita? I've been looking for her like 20 minutes already but there is no sign of Cameron whatsoever.

Pumunta pa ako sa lobby to see if she's there pero wala naman siya. Bumalik ulit ako sa may field kasi medyo madaming tao pa ang natitira dahil they were still taking pictures and such.

Hmm. Maybe If I see Naomi and Bobby baka kasama pa din nila si Cameron. Magkasama kasi sila kanina and it would make senses na hindi nila hahayaan na makawala si Cameron sa kanila.

Or maybe she's under the bleachers, completely passed out because she's a goddamn idiot.

What the heck, sa sobrang focused ko sa paghahanap sa kaniya di ko namalayan na I was still wearing the mascot costume. Ang bilis ko naman mag adapt dito.

" Psst! Cheetah mascot! "

Lumingon ako and saw a strict teacher approaching me.

" Bakit po? " tanong ko sa kaniya.

" Help the others to pick up trash on the field. " he said in a stern voice.

" But I'm wearing this heavy thing! How am I supposed to— " my complaints were cut off when he pushed my mascot self back to the field.

" Tama na ang reklamo! Ano gusto mo ba lalong masira ang mundo natin! " he reprimanded me. " The earth is wasted on the young! "

Nakakainis! Sasapatusin ko itong teacher na to! " Well, if it wasn't for your generation hindi mangyayari ito! "

" H-hoy bumalik ka dito! "

Umalis na ako before I have a heated argument with that teacher. Kainis! Nautusan pa ako.

I grabbed a trash bag and a stick and poked bags of chips and styro foam cups. The teacher has a point, though. Masisira na talaga ang mundo kung patuloy na sisirain ito ng mga tao.