Epilogue

" Hey, what's up? "

" Nothing much. "

" You didn't tell me you're going to visit. "

" Just the dog. "

" Cameron..."

" Ugh. Okay, you too as well. "

" So, what's the reason why you're here? "

" Do I really need to have one? "

" Normally one does. "

" Okay. "

" I'm sorry. Please don't look so glum. "

Why is it every time I'm alone with my thoughts, my feet always take me to Naomi's house? I'm standing here in front of their gate, with a rock inside the pocket of my beige corduroy pants.

She went outside, with a leash on her hand. Said leash is tagged along with a big golden retriever dog who literally jumped in joy when he saw me.

I took his leash and my feet's instinct was to walk this dog while Naomi and I quietly trudged behind.

" He's getting fat. " I looked at her and then Timothy. " It's cute though. "

Naomi laughed as her hands wrapped around her waist. What I said is not even remotely funny and she's like this.

When we reached the Pavillion, we decided to take a rest. Naomi let Timothy to roam off since there's not much people here.

The wind here feels nice. It makes me feel sleepy and the bench is practically begging me to lie down there. So I did.

I closed my eyes for a bit and then I saw her face. Lucia had the softest features. Her face just shouts dignified but calm and her eyes...

Her eyes are like pools of deep water.

I was in love before but I never was this corny. Well, it's not like people would know. This is something that I treasure all by myself.

But for the love of all that's holy,I miss her so much. Two months have passed since she left and I still haven't heard a single thing from her...

And besides, how would I contact Lucia when she deleted all her social media accounts?

Ano ba sa tingin niya ginagawa niya? I want to talk her and see how she's doing but she basically erased herself from everyone's radar.

Makes me feel mad but it is so like her.

" Cameron, do you want to sleep in my lap? "

Binuksan ko yung mga mata ko at nakita kung gaano kalapit ang mukha ni Naomi sa akin. She sat down and moved my head to her lap.

It certainly does feel better than lying your head on concrete.

" You look like you're in a deep thought. " she said.

" I guess I am. "

" May gusto ka bang sabihin sa akin? " Naomi pushed. I sighed and placed a hand on my forehead.

" I'm planning to go to the same college as you. " I stated. " I know it's a top notcher school and it's difficult to be accepted there, but I still have one year left to straighten up my grades so... "

All of a sudden she let out an excited squeal and pinch both my cheeks. Masakit siya pero hindi na ako makapag reklamo. She looked really happy.

" I'm so proud of you, Cameron! What course are you planning to take? " she asked excitedly.

" I haven't even fished senior high school, Naomi. Calm down. " I sighed. " But I'm taking Civil Engineering. "

Naomi's bobbed to her side, curious. " Why Civil Engineering? "

That's because Lucia said so... but of course, I won't tell her that.

" Just decided on a whim, I guess? "

She clasped her hands together and smiled. " Well, whatever that is you want, I will be supporting you. I'm glad that we're going to the same university. "

I have to work 100 times harder than anyone to get in to that school. It would be hard but if Lucia sees me trying something new, I know she will be proud.

" Well, we still have one more month before school starts again. I want to take things easy for now. " Drowsiness kicked in and my body's response is to shut down and sleep.

The weather is good.

" I hope we're still classmates this upcoming school year. " I can barely hear what Naomi's saying but I bet she's smiling right now.

" Don't you get tired of me, Naomi? " I let out a satisfying yawn as my eyes are slowly closing by itself. I'll take a nap here. I hope Naomi won't mind.

" I'll never get tired of you, Cameron. I'll stay by your side always. "

I didn't get to hear what Naomi said.

But I sure do hope that in my dreams, I will get to see Lucia.Even if it's just for a second. I wish I could have stayed longer with her.