EXTRA CHAPTER: REMEDIAL CLASSES

Lucia

You know what sucks being the top student of your school?

Teachers expecting you to do their job that they don't want to do.

Like seriously, I've been getting by  just fine. My plan was to avoid teachers who are trying to make me their student assistant para hindi nila masira ang concept ng perfect high school life ko.

Akala nila siguro dahil mataas ang grades ko, I also leech off to teachers for extra grades.

Heck no. Matalino lang talaga ako.

I avoid being bossed around by teachers lalo na tuwing dismissal ng classes. My alibi is leaving early because I have an urgent thing to attend to. Emphasize the word urgent.

And it's true! Pag walang practice si Chihiro sa stupid cheerleading squad nila, we're always at the mall, shopping for clothes and bags or getting our nails done.

It's a valid reason to decline a teacher's request in my book.

Pero ngayong araw na to, Chihiro had to be somewhere. Hindi niya sinabi kung sa akin kung saan siya pupunta which is weird because that girl tells me everything.

Uuwi na sana talaga ako pero binantayan ako ng Math teacher namin sa labas ng classroom namin. Sir Roberto told me that he needs someone to supervise students who are taking remedial classes.

Our school gives remedial classes kasi days after the exams ended. Normally, tuwing uwian ang mga remedial classes kaya it's a bother for both students and teachers na gusto na umuwi ng maaga.

He was quite pushy about the matter so wala na akong ibang nagawa kung hindi pumayag sa request niya. He said that all I have to do is sit in front, beside the teacher's table, at bantayan yung mga estudyante while he's grading other class's homework

I dragged my feet to the room and sat on a table in front.

Ugh. Why do I have to do this? Masasayang ang isang oras at kalhati ng buhay ko habang naka upo ako dito.

Anyway, to somehow distract me from falling being bored, I whipped out my phone and went on social media.

Instagram to be exact. I watched people's IG stories and then I came across on Naomi's.

She posted a photo of a canvas, and art materials that is neatly spread on a table.

Hmm. I guess they had Art class this morning.

The other stories she posted was a video of her friend, Yoi, dancing with a starbucks cup on her right hand. Joe passed behind Yoi and made a funny face.

Napa ngiti ako sa ginawa ni Joe. When we were hanging out dati, he always tries to be cool and handsome. And it works! But i wish I could have see more of his goofy side as well.

The third ig story was Cameron painting. The video was focused on her face and you could hear Naomi's soft giggling from the background.

Ugh. What the heck? This doesn't sit right with me. Feeling ko nalamangan na naman ako ni Naomi.

Although, i like how passionate Cameron looked in the video.

I haven't seen that side of her. As her cousin who lives in the same roof as her, i feel a bit jealous. Magkasama na kami halos araw-araw pero hindi ko pa nakikita ito yung side niya na ganito.

Naomi's remaining ig stories were mostly stolen shots of Cameron. Some were blurry because it looked like she caught Naomi taking a photo of her.

It was cute. They really are close with each other.