42:

Cameron

I always hated going to his house. But ever since my Mom and Cailou got a divorce, they have this thing called equal parenthood going on.

It makes me feel sick.

Nasa loob pa lang kami ng kotse ngayon pero parang masusuka na ako dahil ayaw ko siyang makita. I managed to avoid him last year, I didn't go to his house and went somewhere else, but Mom knew that and decided na sasamahan niya ako para hindi ako makatakas.

God, just kill me already.

" Okay ka lang ba, Cameron? " Mom asked. I leaned my head to the car's window at tumingin sa labas.

" Why do I have to do this? It's not like that man cares about me anyway. " i was nibbling on my lower lip to control the surging anger i feel. This makes me feel calm and aware of myself. " Mom, he abandoned us already. Why are you going back to him like you're some kind of dog. "

" Cameron! " she raised her voice at me. She didn't like that.

We were silent for some minutes there, not until I remembered something I should have asked my mom a long time ago.

" Can I ask you something, Mom? "

" What is it? "

Umayos ako ng pagkakaupo at tumingin sa kaniya. " Why did you never tell me that Lucia is not my real cousin? "

" But she is. She's your Tita's daughter. "

I shook my head. " No, what I meant is that why did you never tell me that she was adopted? "

Mom smiled at me and held my hand. " That's because it doesn't matter, Cameron. She is you Aunt Liz's daughter regardless if she was adopted or her biological daughter. "

Sabi ko na nga ganiyan yung sasabihin niya. I took my hands and put it inside my trouser's pockets. " I know. But you could have told me when she first moved in. "

" I'm sorry, dear. Siguro busy lang talaga ako. "

Yeah, you're goddamn right. Isa ito sa mga bagay na hindi ko naiintindihan sa mga magulang ko. They are already rich but they never stopped working. Gusto ba nila kunin lahat ng pera sa buong mundo? That's ridiculous.

" Is it true that Tita Liz, lives with her new family in London? " Lucia told me about this one. Nung sinabi niya ito sa akin, nainis ako dahil bakit naman hahayaan ni Tita Liz na mag-isa si Lucia just to live with her new found family.

Mom nodded. " She is. They are starting a new family there. "

" What? And they're just going to dispose of Lucia? That's bullshit, Mom! It makes me so mad that they do that! Do they have any idea how Lucia looks so sad when she talks about them?! I hate it! "

" Calm down, Cameron... " Mom put a hand on my shoulder. I was breathing heavily because I got so worked up. But can you blame me? They are horrible.

" Look, people have reasons when they decide on things, okay? But don't you think that it all worked out with Lucia living with us? because you girls get to meet each other. Isn't that the most important thing? "

Meeting Lucia was something I am grateful for, but it's still wrong for her Mom to do this. If only there's something I can do for her.

" You look exactly like your father when you're thinking. " Mom laughed softly as she caressed my face.

I hate my father, but children doesn't get to choose which father they will have.

Whenever Mom talked about Cailou, she would always look the happiest. She always loved him more than me.