52:

Lucia

" Can you like lower the volume or something? I'm trying to study here. "

" I would, but if you are studying, why are you not in your room or some stupid library. But here you are instead on the couch with me, while I obviously got here in the first place and called dibs. "

Dammit. Napaka tigas talaga ng ulo ni Cameron. I had to extend my leg to kick her on her side dahil nasa kanilang dulo ako ng couch.

She stuck out her tongue and continued smashing the controls.

" I hope you're character dies. " I hissed.

" Lucia, this is Animal Crossing. My character won't die. Unless you consider being indebted to a raccoon for the rest of your life a living hell, then yeah, you got an argument there. "

I kicked her for the second time.

" Kayong dalawa diyan, huwag kayong magsasakitan, ha! " Yaya Dalia scolded us. She was carrying groceries and headed to the kitchen.

" Si Lucia lang naman yung nananakit. I'm not doing anything. " Cameron complained. She grabbed both my legs and pushed it off the couch. Buti na lang nakaupo agad ako sa floor.

" Cameron! Naiinis na ako sayo! " i threw my text book to her face and it made a loud snapping noise.

Ugh. Maybe I was playing too hard?

Akala ko magagalit na siya sa akin at this point pero she sighed and returned the book to me. She eventually lowered the volume and sighed in defeat.

" Happy? "

Wala akong ibang nagawa kundi sumang-ayon sa kaniya. She's surprisingly patient with me. Well, if we were to go by the fact that she's in love with me, then it would make sense.

I started reading again pero wala talaga napasok sa utak ko. I have to study hard kasi malapit na finals namin. Sa February 12 na kasi iyon and I always makes sure na 1 week akong advanced na nagrereview para makakuha ng perfect scores.

Kailangan outstanding yung grades ko, incase I get in to Harvard for college.

Ito naman si Cameron, wala ng ginawa kundi maglaro ng maglaro. But if you look in to the brighter side, mas mabuti na nandito lang siya sa bahay kaysa naman umaalis siya at uuwing may mga sugat sa katawan.

Thank God, her rebellious phase is over.

" I can't concentrate! " i put down my book and slouched.

" What? is it too loud pa ba? " Cameron asked.

" No, it's fine. Wala lang siguro talaga ako sa mood mag-aral. "

" Maybe you just need some change of scenery or something. "

" I guess.. " I stood up and take my book with me. Pinisil ko yung pisngi ni Cameron bago ako naglakad paalis.

" Saan ka pupunta? " she called.

" My room. I'll get my car keys. " i replied.

" Going to a cafe? Can you buy a bagel or something? "

" You're coming too, dummy. Atsaka hindi ako pupunta sa cafe. For all I know, baka nandun din yung mga tao sa school natin to study. " I turned around to look at her. " We're going to McDonald's. "

***

Cameron had this sour look in her face habang nakatingin sa may stairs ng second floor ng Mcdo. Medyo mahaba ang pila ngayon kaya nasa waiting line pa din kami.