dead or alive

"We have every police department involved. If you or anyone you know has any idea of the whereabouts of Cole Robert Brock and Samuel John Golbach, please contact the authorities immediately. The two males were last seen traveling south in Nevada. We will find them, dead or alive."

The news reports were only talking about us. We were the big news story that everyone wanted to hear about. All because we trespassed onto Area 51 and we didn't get caught. In fact, we escaped, unharmed.

We knew going in it would be dangerous. Cops with guns everywhere, security cameras there to detect our faces and every move. High level security codes that were probably unbreakable. But we went anyways.

We flew out to Nevada a week in advance. We booked a hotel the closest we could get to Area 51. We used aliases just in case. We searched maps and used google earth to make a plan. This was our most thought out exploration video ever.

And now we're on the run.

"I can see the buildings Colby. Cmon a little further," Sam yelled. We had been running for who knows how long in the dark. We only moved at night when it was too dark to see anything. And out here in Nevada there were rarely any streetlights.

We decide to ditch our rental car and hotel room in fear of them tracking us down. So we stuffed whatever we could into our two backpacks and ran that night. It had been almost a week since our escape, a week since we've been on the run.

I was falling behind. My legs were sore from running and walking all night. My lungs were filled with dust and I kept coughing. My lips were dry and chapped. And I was hungry.

Sam was about 30 steps in front of me, ushering me to him. Once reaching him, I collapse on the sand. He kneels beside me and runs his fingers through my hair. I just want to sleep and take a shower and eat a big meal.

The sun was just peaking over the horizon and we had to get to shelter before sun up. That means I had to get myself together so we could make it into the town ahead.

"I'm tired Sam," I whined. My throat hurt from talking. And the backpack was getting heavy to hold. This is the first town we've come to since ditching our hotel and car. We've had to sleep in the wilderness, away from the road during the day. We took turns sleeping so we could keep watch. But sleeping on the hard ground isn't comfortable.

"I know but cmon," Sam said hoisting me up. I leaned into him and we walked at a steady pace into the town. His hand finds its way into mine.

There weren't many people awake at this hour and we were glad. The first thing we hit was a gas station. One car was in the parking lot. We continued on, passing a few houses and a grocery store. Just as the sun rose, we entered the motel lobby, hoping there was a room.

The guy at the desk didn't question why we were so dirty and I was grateful. Sam paid, in cash, for one day at the motel. The guy gave us a key to room 217. Before we went up to the room Sam bought a toothbrush and soap from the little shop inside the lobby.

We exited the lobby and slowly took the steps to the second floor. My legs were aching. Our room was at the end. When Sam opened the door, I pushed him aside and jumped onto the queen sized bed, face down. I sighed into the sheets.

"You're gonna dirty the sheets," Sam sighed, sitting down next to me.

"I don't care. This feels so nice," I comment. Sam lays down too, on his back.

"The guy at the desk didn't seem too suspicious," Sam said minutes later. I rolled over to look at him.

"No but we should still hurry," I said. Sam nods and shrugs his backpack off. He opens it up to reveal clothes, a few warm water bottles, his dead phone, a charger and granola bars.