i miss the days

"Sammy, cmon, park," Colby squealed with excitement. The six year old was jumping up and down, holding his mothers hand. Sam was looking at Colby in confusion. Being four years old, Sam still didn't understand much. Though he held Colbys hand as they walked down to the park. Colby being older and stronger, pulled Sam with him as they started towards the swings. Colby sat down on a swing and pushed his legs back and forth. Sam was trying to get himself up but he was too little and couldn't get up. Colby saw him struggle and hopped off his own swing and helped Sam get on his.

"There Sammy, now hold tight," Colby said.

"Hold tight?" Sam said, his eyebrows raised. Colby nodded and grabbed both of Sam's hands, guiding them to hold onto the ropes that held the swing. Sam caught on and held on tightly as Colby walked behind him. Colby started out with small pushes, causing Sam to giggle in excitement. But then Colby got carried away, pushing Sam higher and faster, and Sam was afraid he was going to fall. The ground was so far away and he didn't like that one bit.

"Stop it, Colbs, stop," he cried out. Colby didn't hear him at first and he kept pushing Sam higher and higher. By now Sam was crying and wailing. He was kicking his feet and turing his head to look at Colby. Suddenly, the brunette realized that Sam was crying and he quickly tried slowing the swing down. Once the swing was fully stopped, Sam crumbled down onto the ground, still crying.

"Sammy, Sammy are you ok?" Colby asked, rushing to his friends side. He pulled the tiny boy into his lap, where the younger boy fisted his shirt in his hands. Colby was rubbing Sams back.

"I'm sorry Sammy, I didn't mean it," Colby said, looking at his friend. Sam had stopped crying now and was resting his head on Colbys shoulder.

"Is ok Colbs," Sam said quietly. Colby laughed because Sam hadn't really made a proper sentence but that was ok because he was still learning. Sam stood up suddenly and ran over to the slides. Colby followed the blonde and when he got closer he saw Sam sliding down the big blue slide with a smile on his face.

"Try Colbs, slide," Sam giggled, grabbing Colby's hand. But before they could reach the steps to get to the slide, an object just right of them caught Sams eyes. He snapped his head and saw a green ball rolling past them.

"Ball," he said and changed directions. He let go of Colby's hand and went to pick the ball up. He was whipped back by a hand pulling his arm back. He screamed and landed on the ground with a thud. Colby had landed next to Sam, hand still on his arm.

"No Sammy, cars are there, can't go there,'" Colby said. Sam looked across the street, at the green ball that was still rolling. Then as they were getting up, Colby's mother rushed over to them.

"My, my lets go get some ice cream yeah?" She grabbed both kids hands and walked the short distance to the ice cream shop. They waited in line and Colby asked Sam what flavor of ice cream he wanted.

"Da pink one pwease," Sam said pointing to the screen at a strawberry cone.

"Mommy, Sammy wants strawberry and I want van...vanilla," Colby said stumbling over the word vanilla. His mother nodded and told them to find a seat. They skipped across the shop to an empty table.

"Sit by me Sammy." Colby helped Sam into the booth before climbing in himself. He sat close to Sam, afraid he would fall under the table. Colby looked down and saw Sams tiny hands wrapped around the tables edge. He grabbed the hand closest to him and held it up to his lips, kissing the back of it. Sam giggled and stared at Colby, blue eyes piercing into his. Soon their ice cream had arrived and they devoured it quickly. By then it was getting late and Colby's mother decided it was time to go home.

"Sammy stay the night, mommy?" Colby asked as they reached the door.

"Yes honey," his mother said. Colby dragged Sam to his room, where they played with his cars and Legos. Then Sam climbed up on Colby's race car themed bed and sat there. Colby looked at him, confused.