santa tell me

"So, my love," I whispered, pausing for dramatic effect, "tell me...what do you want for Christmas?"

I tapped his bare chest playfully, my fingers dancing across his tanned skin. A light laugh escaped his lips like music to my ears. The arm that was around me tightened and my cheek was now smushed against his body. With his other arm, he reached behind me to grab the tv remote and mute it. We were watching a Christmas movie because what else would be playing this time of year? The blankets were wrapped around our lower bodies, just enough warmth to keep us comfortable. He was propped up, leaning against the headboard, while a pillow supported his head. An arm was wrapped around my hip which gave him access to play with the waistband of my boxers. My right arm was thrown haphazardly over his body and my head was perched on his shoulder.

"Hmm I don't know yet," he said. His voice was deep and rough. I glanced up at him to see his ocean blue eyes already looking at me.

"Yet? Christmas is a week away, baby, and I have to get you something," I whispered, keeping my voice even. A low laugh rumbled in his throat as he moved some of my blonde hair from my face.

"You don't have to get me anything baby," he counterattacked. I sighed and leaned up on my elbow. I pouted because that seemed to always work. I jutted my bottom lip out and widened my eyes so he would see just how desperate for an idea I was.

"But Colbs, it's Christmas," I murmured as he eyed me. I watched his tongue poke out from his lips as he licked them. His hand came up to hold the back of my neck.

"You know I can't stand it when you pout like that," he said quietly, eyes trained on my face. Then he was leaning in to kiss me. His teeth bit my lower lip and dragged it out until he released it. It made me shiver. I continued my pout though, holding out. I was going to get him to tell me no matter what.

"I'll stop pouting if you tell me what you want," I said, trying to make a deal. He raised his eyebrows and pulled me into his lap. My hands placed firmly on his shoulders as he held me by the waist.

"Is that so? Because in that case, I could watch you pout all day, baby," he whispered against my lips. They brushed slightly and it made me shiver again.

"Colbs, just tell me please," I begged. Obviously pouting was not going to get me anywhere. He chuckled lowly again and snapped my boxers against my skin. I glared at him because he knows I hate when he does that. He rolled his eyes and leaned in to kiss me. I allowed him to and soon his tongue was in my mouth, rubbing against my own. I absentmindedly started moving my hips against his until I felt his fingernails digging into my sides. I pulled away breathless and went to speak again. But his lips attached to my throat before any words could come out.

I eventually pushed him away before anything too heated could happen. But I knew I had a new trail of bruises going down my neck and fingerprints on my hips. Colby groaned and pulled me down so I was laying on his chest. His fingers danced across my back and it almost put me to sleep.

"Will you tell Santa?" I asked, laughing as the question came out of my mouth. I leaned up to catch his reaction. His face broke into a smile as he laughed too. He cupped my face, "The only way I'm telling Santa is if you dressed up as him. I'm not sitting on some random old guys lap."

A smirk etched its way onto my face as I thought about it. I could wear those red tights and his big red hoodie. Then find a white beard and throw on a Santa hat. And I could have Colby straddle me while he whispered in my ear what he wanted. It was honestly a perfect idea and I don't know why I hadn't thought of it earlier.

"Ah no, I will not let you dress up as Santa," he said, a seriousness in his voice. "Although that would be hot... but no."

He saw the frown on face and sighed. My idea was crushed. I laid back down, my face burying itself in his neck. I had to think of something, a way to get him to tell me what he wanted. He was so hard to shop for and I haven't gotten him anything yet.

"Hmm let's see for Christmas," he started off by saying. He shocked me at first, maybe he could read my mind. The tv was the only light source in the room and it made everything glow and sparkle. Outside the wind was picking up as temperatures dropped. I waited for his response, closing my eyes and inhaling his scent.

"I don't need anything for Christmas, baby," he said finally. It made me sigh, he was making me so frustrated.

"There has to be something," I whispered. His fingers tangled in my blonde hair.

"Nope, I really don't need anything," he responded.

"Why's that?" I question.

"Because everything that I need is right here in my arms."

His words caused butterflies to take flight in my stomach, my cheeks heated up into a blush, my body tingled with love, and my lips formed into a smile.

I lifted my head to look at him. His eyes showed pure love. A goofy grin was plastered on his face. A finger came down to tilt my chin up and bring me forward. The kiss was slow and meaningful, it was perfect.

"Colby, I love you," I murmured. It made my heart swell with how good he was to me, how he made me feel special, how he loved me.

"And I love you too Samuel," he echoed back, using my full name. He's the only one I let do that. I kissed him again before laying back down on his chest.

"All I've ever needed was you. There's nothing you can buy that can satisfy that," he said.

I could hear his heartbeat, steady and calm. His fingers drummed up my back until they tangled back in my hair. I hummed softly.

"For Christmas, I want you," he whispered.

"Hmm I think I can manage that," I said, a laugh escaping my lips.

"Good because you can't replace you."

I felt his lips on the top of my head. I buried my head into the curve of Colbys neck and pressed my lips there softly. Sometimes he made me so bubbly, so warm, so in love. He let out a breath of air and tightened his grip around me.

"I love you so much Sam." It was barely a whisper but I heard it. I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

The tv turned off and we were surrounded in darkness. It was late and I was growing tired. I yawned and Colby gently laid me on the bed next to him, coldness seeping into my body. I groaned and made grabby hands at him as he sat up. He kissed my forehead and brushed his knuckles against my cheek.

"I'll be right back, my love," he whispered.

A part of me wandered where he was going but seconds later I heard the faucet on, he was brushing his teeth. I rolled over to face the window. The curtains were open slightly and I could see the trees moving in the wind. I closed my eyes and pulled the covers up to my chin. The bed dipped moments later when Colby returned to bed. His arms were around me in seconds and I cuddled closer to him. He smelled like the mint toothpaste we share.

"Goodnight Sam," he said quietly. "I love you."

"And I love you too," I murmured, burying myself in his warmth, allowing myself to sleep.

(Merry Christmas y'all 😊 hope you enjoyed reading this short but cute little one shot)