pillowtalk

"Mom, Colby is spending the night," I shout from my room. I just hung up with him after talking for about three hours. We could've talked longer until I got the idea for him to just spend the night. I hear my mom walking to my room. She peaks her head through the door.

"What'd you say?" She asks. She walks into my room and starts picking up the random articles of clothing and puts them on my bed.

"Colby's spending the night," I repeat, putting my phone down. She glances at me and crosses her arms.

"He was just over like two days ago," she says. I roll my eyes.

"Mom, he's my best friend. We need to hang out like everyday," I say.

"Alright fine. When's he coming over?" She asks walking back to the door. I glance down at my invisible watch on my wrist.

"In about half an hour," I tell her. She nods and walks out of my room. I sigh and decide to clean up a little. I put the clothes my mom picked up in the laundry basket. Then I laid back in bed, satisfied with my work.

Colby has been my best friend for three years now. It's our last summer together before senior year. After we graduate, he'll be moving to California with his family and I'll be stuck here in Kansas. We literally do everything together and I'm going to be sad when he's gone. That's why we have to make this summer the most memorable.

After a half hour of being bored, I finally hear Colby's car door slam shut. I jump out of bed right as a text from Colby comes through. I jog to the front door and swing the door open. And standing in the doorway with his backpack slung over his shoulder was the brunette boy I've had a crush on since we first met.

He doesn't know I like him. In fact, I've never told anyone I have a crush on my best friend. Some things are better left unsaid. I don't think I'll ever tell him how I feel though in fear of losing our perfect friendship.

He smiles widely as I step aside to let him in. My mom walks up to see who was at the door.

"Ah Colby, you're back again," she says.

"Yeah, I'm basically like your fourth child," he laughs. My older sister was away at college while my younger brother is away at summer camp. His dimples form on his cheeks and I want to poke them.

We walk back down the hall and into my room where he drops his backpack on the floor. He groans and plops facedown on my bed. His black T-shirt rose up and I could see the tanned skin of his lower back. I swallow hard thinking about how smooth is must be. I sit quietly next to him. He turns his head to look over my room.

"Oh my God your room is still a mess," he laughs.

I gasp and put a hand over my heart. "What? I just cleaned it."

He props himself up on his elbow, brown hair falling in his face. It took everything in me to not brush it away. He points to the empty water bottles and candy wrappers that didn't make it into my trash can.

"Ok fine. But I picked up all my clothes," I say proudly. He sighs and I glance down at his lips. They look so smooth and plump and I wondered what they would feel like on mine. I shake the thought from my head when he speaks to me again.

"So what'd ya want to do?" He asks, blue eyes gazing into mine. I could honestly just stay here and look at him but I know he wouldn't want to do that.

"Well we gotta watch a movie," I say like it's not what we always do. He sits up and fiddles with the multiple rings on his fingers. I watch his lower lip curl upwards into a smile.

"Alright but can we not watch anything scary," his voice is low. I know Colby hates scary movies and we somehow always end up watching one anyways.