take care

Sam woke up with a stuffy nose and a sore throat. A cough erupted from his lips and he tried to soften it by coughing into his pillow. The force of the cough made his throat ache even more. He ran his hands down his face feeling achy all over. Every time he blinked his eyes stung. Sam rolled over onto his stomach, trying to find his phone. The red digits on his clock read, 10am. All he wanted to do was fall back asleep.

But his phone was buzzing with an incoming call. He hit the green answer button right as he starting coughing up a lung. He felt sorry for whoever was on the other end.

"Hello?" Sams voice was muffled and deep.

"Sam? Are you sick?" He recognized his best friends voice immediately. He could hear Colby laughing on the other end of the phone.

"Don't laugh at me," Sam whined into the phone. He brought his sheets further up on his body and cursed himself for leaving the fan on high.

"No it's funny because I'm sick too," Colby says.

Sam suddenly sits up in bed. If Colby's room was right across from his, why is Colby calling? He didn't feel well enough to walk to Colbys room.

"Where are you?" Sam questions instead.

"Oh I'm at the grocery store buying soup and medicine. I was just calling to see if we needed anything else. But now that I know you're sick too, I'll double up on the soup," Colby explains to Sam.

Sam could tell Colby was sick just by the way he was talking. Sam closes his eyes as he breathes out of his mouth. Soup sounded good right now.

"Sam?" He heard Colby say. Sam hums in response, tiredness wearing on him.

"I asked if you needed anything else," Colby's voice was laced with concern.

"Just some soup, please," Sam whispers into the phone. On the other end of the phone, he heard Colby talking to someone. Sam wondered if Colby heard him.

"I'll be home soon, don't get any sicker," Colby laughed lightly. Then Sam hangs up. He just wanted to sleep, sleep the sickness away.

He turned his fan down and curled up into this sheets again. His throat was hurting so bad and he couldn't wait until Colby came home with the soup.

Sam was woken up to the sound of his door opening and a knock. He stretched awake, feeling a little better but still sick. He rolls over and opens his sleepy eyes to see Colby carrying a bowl towards him.

"Hey sleepyhead," Colby says gently. He positions himself to sit on Sams bed. The smell of chicken noodle soup fills Sams nose and his mouth waters.

"You brought me soup," Sam says excitedly, sitting up, forgetting how tired he was. Colby gently places the warm bowl into Sams cold hands. Sam brings the bowl up to his cheeks and feels its warmth.

"I think you're supposed to eat it, Sam," Colby giggles. Sam nods and takes a bite. The hot liquid soothes his sore throat and he hums. Colby watches Sam eat the whole bowl.

"You don't look sick," Sam comments as he places the bowl on his bedside table.

Colby was wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. He must be cold. But other than the slight bags under his eyes, he didn't look sick at all.

"Well I feel sick," Colby sighs. He leans back so he's laying on Sams bed. Sam moves his legs over so Colby is comfortable.

"Does your throat hurt? Because mine is killing me," Sam asks. Colby glances at Sam and nods.

"Oh I forgot, there's some medicine downstairs. Let me get it," Colby says. Colby gets up and starts walking to the door before quickly stopping. He places his hands on the wall and takes deep breathes. Sam was up and next to him in seconds, placing his hands on Colby's waist to steady him.