better

Sam climbed the steps two at a time, his heart racing. He walked down the small hallway and stood in front of Colby's door. He reached his hand up to knock but hesitated. His smile faded. He thought back to last night when Colby had gotten mad at him. That was the first night in a long time Sam slept alone.

Sam leaned his head against the door, tears pricked his eyes. Colby said he needed time, he said he needed to figure things out. But Sam was desperate for Colby's touch. All Sam wanted to do was make everything better.

Sam didn't hear any movement coming from the room behind the door. He assumed Colby had fallen asleep as it was getting late. Sam sighed, walking into their shared bathroom and got ready for bed. He entered his own room which was almost bare since he moved everything into Colby's room. All that was left was the bed and a small desk. The floor was littered with clothes that didn't fit in Colby's closet and Sam searched for something to sleep in. He settled for one of Colby's T-shirt's that was way too big for him. Then he slipped into the bed, alone.

He stared at the ceiling for awhile. He had no concept of time because there was no clock in his room and his phone had died hours ago- his charger was in Colby's room.

He thought about Colby: kissing his tender skin just the way he liked it leaving the brunette breathless underneath him, teasing him slowly making him squirm, biting his bottom lip until it's bruised. And Sam loves leaving hickeys all over the taller boys body, it was just something about the way they looked on his tanned skin that set a fire in Sam's veins. He loved the way Colby's breath faltered and tiny moans escaped his lips. And the brunette would always buck his hips up wanting more. Sam loved looking down at the lovestruck boy below him, usually shirtless, and adorning him in reddish purple love bites.

Sam rolled over in bed trying to rid the thoughts from his mind. But then he thought about how Colby is always so gentle and loving when he's with Sam. His touch sends fireworks all over Sams pale skin, heating it up. And Colby lets Sam pepper him with hickeys, knowing no one else can mark him like the blonde does.

Sam finally had enough of thinking about Colby that he swung his legs over the bed. He tiptoed to his door and opened it not caring about knocking. But the creaking of the door made Colby lift his head. From the hall light, Sam saw Colby's messy bedhead and smiled lightly. He closed the door surrounding them in darkness.

"Babe?" Colby's deep voice spoke. Sam was overjoyed when hearing Colby call him 'babe' rather than his own name. There was shuffling as Colby turned on his lamp. Sam squinted as his eyes adjusted to the light. He stood in the middle of Colby's room while the younger sat still on the bed. Sam noticed that Colby had been sleeping on the side that Sam usually sleeps on.

"Colbs," Sam whispered. His voice was shaking slightly due to the fact that Colby was laying shirtless and it was turning him on. He was just imagining all the hickeys he would leave on his blank skin.

Colby eyed the blonde in front of him. He was still a little upset that Sam had barged in. He was also upset that Sam hadn't given him more time, it had only been a day. But when he saw the sight of he blonde, wearing his shirt and looking lonely, it broke his heart.

"You're wearing my shirt," Colby said, patting the bed next to him. Sam immediately sprang into action and jumped on the bed beside Colby.

"I always wear your clothes. You should know this by now," Sam giggled reaching for Colby's hand. And Colby allowed the blonde to lace their fingers together. It was quiet as they sat, enjoying each other's company.

"I'm sorry. You said you needed time and..." Sam started. "I should leave." He gazed at Colby's blue eyes then down to his plump lips. And all Sam wanted to do was kiss the boy.