dj got us falling in love

Colby really didn't want to be at this party. In fact he hated being invited to parties. He just wasn't a party guy. He hated the crowded rooms that were too hot and the smell of alcohol on everyone's breathe. It made him nauseous. The colorful lights that bounced around the walls gave him a headache instantly. And he hated all the girls that tried to hit on him, grabbing his arm trying to get him to dance. Colby didn't know how to dance so that made things worse.

But it was one of his friends birthdays and he couldn't just not show up. That would be rude and everyone would be wondering where he was. In the dim lights of the bar, he found the birthday boy, Will, at the center of the dance floor. He was surrounded by people and Colby cringed. Most of the people he didn't recognized because they worked with Will. He waited until the song was over before making his way over to Will.

It was warm in the center of the floor, brights lights and body heat made it feel like a sauna. He grabbed Will by the shoulder and he turned around. His eyes were rimmed red, he was definitely drunk. Will's eyes widened in surprise when seeing Colby, the people around them he had seemed to forget.

"Colby, my man," Will slurs, clapping the boy on the back. Colby steadies Will as he wobbles.

"Hey man, happy birthday," Colby shouted over the next song. The bass was deep and Colby felt it in his chest. His whole body was vibrating as the singer belted out the lyrics. He swallowed hard feeling anxious around all these people.

"Dance with us," Will yells. A girl comes up to them and hands them both a drink. Will gulps his down and throws his cup into the air, not caring where it landed. But Colby just carried his cup, not drinking it. Will was too enthralled with dancing to notice Colby leaving the floor. Colby needed to get into an open space, the dance floor made him claustrophobic.

He found a few people that he knew towards the perimeter of the room and he stood and chatted with them. He grabbed a new cup, one he watched the bartender make, and took tiny sips from it. It wasn't like he hated alcohol, he just hated the next morning when he woke up with a hangover. So he usually tries not to get completely drunk, just enough to feel numb, enough to make him forget his problems. Suddenly Jake comes stumbling around the corner.

"Woah Jake, you alright?" Colby grabs him just before he falls. He reeks of alcohol. Jake was one of Colby and Will's roommates, who loved to party.

"Where's William?" Jake asks, frantically searching for the birthday boy.

"Dancing," Colby pointed. Jake then stumbles over to Will. Once seeing each other they high five and start dancing again. Colby laughs to himself as he watched them dance offbeat.

Will had rented the bar out and people came and went as they pleased. Some just came for a drink, not even wishing the boy a "Happy Birthday" while others actually enjoyed dancing and the celebration. He had seen a blonde boy walk by a few seconds ago, drink in hand, that he had never seen before. He looked like the same age as Colby and the brunette wonders why he's never seen him before.

Colby went to refill his drink when he saw the boy again, sitting on a stool, his back against the bar. The blonde was nursing a cup of his own. His eyes were glued to the dance floor watching people make a fool of themselves. Colby slid in the seat next to him and put his empty glass on the table.

"I'll take another," Colby told the same bartender. The blonde boy looked up at Colby, surprised someone wasn't on the dance floor. They made eye contact.

Colby gasped when noticing his sharp icy blue eyes and beautiful smile. He blushed slightly, a tingling sensation spreading through his body. The bartender took Colby's drink and refilled it. The brunette was dying to know who this beautiful boy was.