bloodline

The walls were literally vibrating from how loud the music was playing. Neon lights bounced off the ceiling and beach balls randomly appeared two hours ago. The crowd was jumping up and down punching the colorful balls into the air. They didn't get high, only to be knocked down by the ceiling. The red cups ran out several hours ago. Now people were cradling blue cups, cherishing it's contents. And there were people everywhere, leaning against the walls trying to talk, dancing on the dance floor, outside getting air, around the table refilling drinks. They were everywhere.

Colby leaned against the counter, the cold surface seeping through his shirt hitting his back. He held a red cup, one of the few left, staring hazily at all the people. He decided to stay near the drinks, so he could refill and not have to worry about maneuvering through the sweaty people. It was one of the last weeks in the shared house and he wasn't ready to leave it. This is where he realized who he really was.

Colby watched as Jake, one of his roommates, comes stumbling into the kitchen. He watches the boy pour himself another drink. Jake wasn't even old enough to drink, yet Colby watched him drink the liquid without a problem. It always burned Colby's throat but he's grown used to the feeling and now he likes it.

He glances in his own cup and decided he needs more. He walked around the girl that's been trying to get his attention for the past hour and manages to stand beside Jake. He takes the bottle from Jakes hand.

"H-hey, I was using that," Jake slurs out.

"I think you've had enough Jake," Colby said voice deep. He knew the boy was drunker than he should be. Jake looked at him, a hurt expression on his face.

"I'm telling Sam," Jake yells over the music. Then he stomps off and Colby watches him go, bumping into people as he went.

Sam, another one of Colby's roommates had disappeared into the crowd hours ago. The last Colby had seen him was holding a red cup, following a guy deeper into the house. At first Colby was a little jealous, watching the boy he so dearly loved leave. But he got over it, realizing Sam wasn't his.

Sam was also Colby's best friend. They grew up together so they knew each other inside and out. Wherever Sam was Colby was close behind and vice versa. So it didn't surprise the brunette when Jake mentioned Sam.

He was kind of worried though. He hadn't seen Sam in a few hours, he hasn't even come back into the kitchen to refill his drink. Colby looked around at all the people. How was he ever going to find Sam?

He decided to wait a few minutes, hoping Jake had found the smaller boy and would drag him into the kitchen to tell on him. But after ten agonizing minutes, Jake nor Sam had shown up.

He wished now, as he walked through his crowded house, he had taken a better look at the guy Sam was following. They could be anywhere. Colby wandered in and out of the rooms, eyes darting between every person. He saw Jake, who was dancing horribly to the song that was playing. In his drunken state, he must've forgotten about finding Sam. Or maybe he did find Sam but Sam didn't care enough.

Colby almost gave up. He hated the feeling of other people's skin on his, their breath so close to his face. But his eyes continued to glance around the room until he found the blonde boy.

It was darker in this room, only flashes from the foyer bouncing into the room. The bass was loud in here unlike any of the other rooms. And the only reason Colby saw the boy was because there wasn't many people in the room to begin with.

Sam was leaning against the wall, body facing the boy he wandered off with. His red cup was nowhere to be seen, now a blue cup that he was passing to the boy in front of him. The dark haired boy had an arm wrapped around Sams tiny waist, making Sam stay where he was. And they were close, too close for Colby's liking.