mistletoe

It doesn't snow in LA. In fact, it very rarely gets below freezing temperatures, except on the occasional night. But of course, somehow Mother Nature decided that today was a good day for small frosted snowflakes to drizzle down over the city, which meant the temperature was at least 32°F.

Sam opened the door to his apartment after the continuous knocking persisted. He was dressed in skinny black jeans with one of his merch hoodies. On the other side of the door was the brunette boy he called his best friend, Colby. Sam gazed over his outfit: black skinny jeans and a plain black long sleeved shirt with converse.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" Was the first thing that came out of Sams mouth after examining Colby's outfit. They had been invited to Kian and Jc's Christmas party at their house. And they host their parties mostly outside since the inside isn't as spacious.

"You don't think it will be inside with this weather?" Colby asked as Sam stepped aside to let him in.

Sam shrugged and stood in front of his shoe rack trying to decide which shoes to wear. He would wear his black vans but he was afraid of his feet getting cold. And he hates cold feet. The other option was converse, like the ones Colby was wearing. He also had a pair of boots but he wasn't sure if they would fit. He decided on the boots and he pulled them out of his closet.

"I heard there's going to be a lot of people. I'm sure they'll have the doors open so people can float in and out. So I think it will be cold," Sam finally answered Colby's question. He tugged the boots over his feet and winced when they felt tight around his foot. But these were the only warm shoes he had and they would have to do.

"Those look small," Colby commented. Sam looked up to see him leaning on the kitchen counter, raising his eyebrows at Sams shoes.

"Well they're going to have to do," Sam sighed, standing up. He grabbed his keys and wallet off the coffee table in the living room and put them in his pocket.

"I really think you should bring a jacket or something," Sam said as they opened his door.

"I already locked up. I don't feel like going back," Colby muttered. His hand held the door open for Sam to walk out. But Sam stood his ground. Then a devious smile cascaded over his face and he was running back to his room.

"What? Sam, we have to go," Colby shouted from the doorway, confused as to what Sam was doing. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, checking the time on his phone: 6:52pm. The party started at 7 and they still had a drive there.

Sam emerged from his room seconds later, one of his hoodies thrown over his shoulder. Colby's eyes darted over the fabric and he gasped.

"You can just borrow mine," Sam said smiling, shoving the hoodie in Colby's arms. Then he was in the hallway, waiting for his friend to move so he could lock his door.

"But... but this is your favorite one," Colby said as Sam finally dragged him away. "I can't wear this."

After locking his door, Sam laughed and dragged Colby to the elevator. Of course, Sam had a favorite hoodie and he very rarely let anyone else wear them but Colby was an exception. He trusted Colby.

"It's not like I'm letting you keep it," Sams voice echoed in the parking garage. They seated themselves in Colby's car. He was careful to set the sweatshirt in the backseat. "Plus it's only if you get cold. You don't have to wear it."

Colby blushed slightly. Why wouldn't he want to wear Sams favorite hoodie? Of course he was going to wear it at some point in the night.

"Now turn the heat up because it's fricken freezing out."