crazier

Colby had just entered the apartment that he and Sam shared. He walked through the doorway and saw Sam sitting on his couch, scrolling on his phone. When he saw Colby he stood up quickly. Sams eyes shinned as he made his way to the brunette. Colby was still wearing his dancing clothes, black slacks with a black T-shirt, as he had just got back from practice. Sam was supposed to be down in an hour. They needed to get in a lot of practice because the finals were tomorrow. Colby set his bag down and looked at Sam. He was standing awfully close to Colby, and he could feel his heart speeding up.

"How was practice?" Sam asked softly, his fingers gently coming in contact with Colby's.

It was never talked about, the thing that had been going on between them. Some nights it just happened- either Sam sleeping in Colby's room and vice versa. Or small gentle touches that left both boys smiling with red cheeks. They never spoke about the feelings they had for each other. They didn't want to ruin what they already have. But late at night when they're cuddling on the couch sometimes Colby just wants to scream his feelings out to the blonde. And Sam melts every time Colby makes eye contact with him and he's sure by now that Colby knows.

His eyes searched Colbys blue ones and they seemed to sparkle. He knew Colby didn't like his partner. She was "too controlling and too needy" as Colby had said. Sam's partner wasn't so great either but he would never admit it to anyone. Colby sighed and rubbed his neck. He walked around Sam to the kitchen area were he poured himself some water. Sam followed him like a lost dog, standing next to the counter.

"It was alright I guess, Annalise... she blamed me for missing a step but she was the one who missed it," Colby said, eyes locked with Sams.

"Oh do you think you'll be okay for finals?" Sam questioned.

Colby shrugged, "It is what it is."

Sam didn't think that was right. Nobody should pick their partners for them, not even the school. They should be able to pick their own. And if they got to pick Sam would chose Colby as his partner.

"It's not fair, getting put with someone who you don't even know or like," Sam said.

Colby nodded but didn't say anything. Instead he walked back to the living room, towards his bedroom. Sam stopped in the living room, watching the taller boy go. But then an idea popped into his brain. He didn't want Colby to fail the finals and Sam, himself, could use the extra practice.

"Dance with me," Sam said. It was almost a whisper and Colby almost didn't hear him. He froze in the dark hallway before he turned around. He saw Sam standing there, a small smile on his face. He shrugged his shoulders and glanced around the open room.

"Dance with me," he repeated. Colby stepped closer to him, debating whether or not he should.

"But there's no music," Colby said quietly.

"There doesn't need to be music to dance," Sam said. He took small steps towards Colby. He waited until Colby was right in front of him to say something.

"Why?" He asked. He didn't look at Sam but he knew Sam was looking at him.

"Why not?" He could feel Sams breath hitting his skin and he shivered.

Sam slowly wrapped an arm around Colby, resting it on his shoulder blade. Colby lifted his arm, hesitantly, around Sam. Sam grabbed his other hand and held it like he was supposed to. Colby was tense in Sams arms. Why did Sam want to dance with him? Then slowly Sam moved forward and Colby followed his lead. They moved in the small area of the living room.

"Relax babe," Sam whispered in Colbys ear. Colby physical sucked in his breath as more shivers ran down his spine. Sam pulled Colby closer, so their chests were touching. Colby adjusted his arm and slowly let himself be lead by Sam. He had to admit Sam was a good dancer and it wouldn't surprise him if he was the best in the class. He had good posture and almost never messed up. They continued dancing in circles around the room. Sam was looking at Colby the whole time but Colby never once looked down at Sam.