we don't have to take our clothes off

I was bored. It was just after 10pm, the house was quiet. Usually someone has friends over or we're all together downstairs. But tonight we all separated after eating pizza downstairs. And that was hours ago.

After watching a random tv show with Sam and Jake, I decided to come back to my room to edit a video. I wasn't really interested in the show but Sam had persisted I watch an episode with them. He had done those puppy dog eyes and his blue eyes got the best of me and I followed him into the living room. Jake was already there and I sat down while Sam opened up Netflix. Then he plopped down right next to me, cuddling up against my arm.

I would've stayed there all night with him like that but I had things to do. He groaned when I got up but then readjusted himself to get comfortable. That was the last exciting thing that had happened since 8.

Now two hours later I was done with editing and was laying on my bed. I was scrolling through Twitter and Instagram but there was nothing new. I groaned and rolled over on my back. I guess I could see if anyone was awake.

I sauntered out of my room to come face to face with Sams closed door. I press my ear against the door but don't hear anything. Maybe he's still downstairs. I take the stairs slowly and make it to the kitchen. The lights were set to dim, so there was a hazy glow over the room. The kitchen seemed vacated since we've eaten and I tiptoe into the living room. The faint glow of the tv was the only light source in the room. The tv show was still playing to a now sleeping Jake. He was curled up, a pillow between his arms on the couch. Sam was nowhere to be seen.

I turned the tv off, hoping Jake wasn't one of those people who wake up when the tv turns off. I hold my breath as I wait to find out. But he doesn't move and I quickly leave the room. Back upstairs I find Corey and Aaron's room with their door closed. I could hear Aaron talking rather loudly and I guessed he was probably playing fortnite. He gets aggressive when he plays and I wasn't in the mood for that. Corey's room was quiet so I figured he was sleeping too. That left Sam.

There was a light on in his room, I could tell because it creeped out from under his door. I hadn't noticed it before. I stood in front of it, debating whether to knock or not. I ended up knocking because if I didn't I would go back to my room the same way I left it, bored.

I heard Sams footsteps coming to the door. He cracks it open and peeks his head out. His blonde hair was a wreck, draping down over his pretty eyes. They widen when he sees me.

"Uh Colby," he stutters.

"Hey, I was just bored and thought maybe we could just chill, I don't know," I said. It sounded stupid when it came out of my mouth. Sam giggles softly but his eyes stay wide. I wonder why he's not opening his door all the way.

He glanced back towards his room and I see his bed was unmade and his room was a mess. I push slightly on the door and he tried to stop me. I widen my eyes at his action.

"Sam, it's alright," I say, pointing to his room. "Your room is always a mess."

I win the battle and his door opens fully. He's partially hiding behind the door as I scan the room. Clothes scattered the floor and his desk was filled with papers. And then his bed was unmade, sheets hanging over the edge. I sit on his bed, waiting for him to join me. He's still standing behind the door when I look up.

"What's wrong Sam?" I ask seriously. He's hiding something from me and I know it. I can see it all over his face. I watch his eyes scan the room, maybe looking for an excuse. But he eventually sighs and shuts the door.

That's when I notice what he's wearing. My clothes. He's clothed in my grey sweatpants that are way too big for him. My favorite long sleeved shirt that is definitely way too big on him, the sleeves coming past his fingers. And wrapped in his arm looks like one of my black hoodies. But he looks cute.