waiting for superman

Everyday Colby would visit the same coffee shop at the same time. He would order the same thing and sit at the same table in the corner. From his seat, he had a view of the door. Massive windows allowed him to see the world outside letting him know he wasn't alone. He would plug his headphones into his laptop and play music, momentarily forgetting the world around him. He would occasionally sip on his coffee, though he hated it. He was more of a tea guy, but unfortunately they only sold coffee.

But coffee wasn't what he came for. He came for a glimpse of the blonde officer that bought iced coffee everyday. Colby noticed the blonde boy months ago when he was here with a friend. When he laid eyes on the boy, he instantly got blown away by his piercing blue eyes. Ever since then, Colby's been at the same place at the same time, waiting for the blonde boy.

Colby played with the multiple rings on his fingers suddenly feeling anxious. He wanted to talk to the blonde officer so bad. But he knew the boy was too busy keeping the streets of LA safe and didn't have time to talk to a stranger. But just to hear a word from the blonde would make his day.

Colby glanced around the small cafe, waiting impatiently. It was almost 2:56pm, the time the officer came in for his afternoon coffee. Colby sipped his drink, cringing at the way it tasted. After another sip, he decided he would throw it away. He got up and went to the garbage can. The movement of walking settled down Colby's nerves. He turned to walk back to his table when the bells above the door jingled, signaling someone entering the shop.

Colby gulped when he came face to face with the blonde officer. The dark green uniform hugged his body perfectly. Colby took in his features, he's never been this close to the older boy before: piercing blue eyes, dimples when he smiled, perfectly straight teeth. Colby could tell he wasn't much older than him. He was so much more beautifuler up close.

"Excuse me," Colby squeaked out. He shuddered at his voice. Colby glanced down at the officers name badge before walking away. Officer Golbach.

Colby thought he would've know the name of his beloved crush awhile ago. But no such luck. His table was the farthest from the pick up counter and he couldn't see the label on his coffee cup. Colby watched Officer Golbach order his usual iced coffee.

Colby acted as if he was busy typing on his laptop when really his eyes were staring at his crush from over the top. He watched Officer Golbach search the room, waiting for his coffee. Then his eyes landed on Colby's.

They looked at one another. Colby gulped, Officer Golbach smiled. Then the trance was broken when the lady called for Officer Golbach's name. He pushed off the wall he was leaning on and walked up to the counter. He cupped his cold container and brought it to his lips. Colby watched his neck as he swallowed. His breath hitched.

Then to Colby's horror Officer Golbach started walking towards him. Colby quickly pulled up safari on his laptop so it looked like he was searching something. Officer Golbach stood at the end of Colby's table, eyeing the boy dressed in black.

"You're here everyday," Officer Golbach commented. And Colby swore he fell in love right there. The officers voice was smooth and angelic, deep and mysterious. Colby craved to hear it again.

"Y-Yeah I am," Colby stuttered over his words. The blonde officer chuckled.

"So what do you order?" Officer Goldbach asks as he points to the menu. Colby's eyes dart from the menu to Officer Goldbach.

"Just a coffee," Colby replied. Officer Golbach smiles down at the brunette boy. He opened his mouth to say something but his radio static's to life.

"Officer Golbach, requesting your location," the female voice on the other end said. Officer Golbach dipped his head to talk into the radio he had clipped to his shoulder. He talked to the lady for a minute before he turned to look at Colby.