set fire to the rain

"Colby?"

Sam opened the creaky door to Colby's room. He tiptoed in and walked the few steps to his bed standing at the edge of it.

"Colbs?" Sam said a little louder. He poked the brunettes shoulder but he didn't move. "Colby."

Lightning lit up the room, sending shadows dancing. Sam jumped and looked at Colby's open window. The curtains were open allowing the steady rain to be seen from outside. Sam held his breath and counted the Mississippi's. He only got to three before a big crack of thunder rumbled in the sky.

It was enough to send Sam scrambling over the sleeping boy and into his arms. Sam squeezed his eyes shut, hoping to block out the lights exploding in the room. Colby stirred in his sleep, groggily opening his eyes to see the blonde boy scared half to death.

"Sam? What's wrong?" His voice was deep and rough. Colby reached for the smaller boys waist, bringing him closer. Sam buried his neck in the curve of Colby's neck.

"Thunderstorm," Sam managed to say after another clap of thunder erupted. Colby hums, still half asleep.

"Well get under the covers then," he murmured. Sam quickly crawled under the sheets and faced the wall, letting Colby throw his arms over the boy to spoon him.

"I was waiting for you earlier," Colby continued. The sound of rain was so hard on the roof that Sam almost didn't hear him. "I went to bed lonely."

"Sorry, Kat stayed later than expected," Sam said quietly, playing with Colby's fingers that were around his chest. He felt lips press against the back of his neck and trail all the way to his shoulders.

"And why didn't you come to my room when she left?" Colby questioned, leaning his forehead on Sams back. Lightning lit up the room again and Sam counted the Mississippi's again. Three before he jumped in surprise at the thunder. The storm was close and he wasn't sure how long it was going to last.

"Well I figured you were asleep and I was pretty tired. I ended up falling asleep an hour after she left," Sam explained. He felt Colby tighten his grip. He gets jealous easily but Sam loved it.

"I'll always have time for my boy," Colby whispered. The vibrations of his lips on Sams back made him shiver. The words made him blush. Colby had just called Sam, his boy. Colby kissed the back of Sams neck once more.

"I'm sorry," Sam mumbled, feeling himself drift in and out of sleep. The brunette chuckled softly, shaking the bed.

"Turn around so I can kiss you," Colby whispered in Sam's ear. The blonde obeyed and seconds later Colby was connecting their lips. Colby brought his hand up to cup Sams cheek, deepening the kiss. They both hummed in satisfaction.

"Don't forget who you belong to," Colby breathed out once they separated. His words sent shivers down Sams spine. They kissed again.

The rain was still pounding on the roof and Sam slowly feel asleep to the feeling of Colby's hand rubbing random patterns on his waist.

(short and sweet, just how I like it)